Significant price drop at New Bancroft, Tallaght

New Bancroft is an apartment development in Tallaght built c2008. 2 bed apartments here are still for sale from the developer starting at €250,000

www.daft.ie/newbrancroft

However… a 2nd hand one has now come up on daft asking just €159,950

daft.ie/1476079

Estate agent is Castles.

I’m not trying to be offensive here, but if I had to hazard a guess judging by the furniture I would wager that it’s possibly an executor sale or something a long those lines. Perhaps a trader downer who still has a sizeable lump sum from the sale of their house so can afford to take a 90k hit on disposing of this asset.

my thoughts too. all thats missing is the false teeth in the bathroom.

I agree with you. Executor sales , above all others, are usually priced to go as well

The real asking prices for those apts have been 25-33% below the developer listing for about a year now.

1-beds down 57% from 295k to 125k
property-vultures.com/History/436413.html
daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=436413

2-beds now 169k
property-vultures.com/History/436415.html
daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=436415

3-beds down 48% from 385k to 199k
property-vultures.com/History/436414.html
daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=436414

It amazes me why they couldn’t be bothered to ad more than two pics, are they trying to sell them or not.

What next… house advertising like dating classifieds… ‘2b Apt, GSOH, NS, 199k, LMFAO’

:slight_smile:

Regardless of the real asking prices , it will be interesting to see if the apartment shifts at this €159k price tag. If it doesn’t and my guess is that it won’t is that the so called " real " asking prices are still way above realistic prices.

I’ve also noticed the unsavoury practice of fly by night estate agents to advertise old , previously sold stock at reasonable prices to dupe buyers. On enquiry by the potential buyer they are told that the property has just been sold. This gives a total misrepresentation to the potential buyer that the property market is starting to move again. The tell tale sign of this type of fraud is that the property is adertised with just 1 or 2 pics.

I’ve also noticed the unsavoury practice of fly by night estate agents to advertise old , previously sold stock at reasonable prices to dupe buyers. On enquiry by the potential buyer they are told that the property has just been sold. This gives a total misrepresentation to the potential buyer that the property market is starting to move again. The tell tale sign of this type of fraud is that the property is adertised with just 1 or 2 pics.

are sellers now adding on a 10% hike in their asking price?so when buyer asks for a 10% cut its back to the original price it was selling for.house in springfield tallaght was 258000 now 285000,one in kilnamanagh was 280000 now 320000.

This practice is happening all the time in the rental market.