Strike Season

Just offer a ‘growth in GNI’-linked, non-pensionable bonus.

All going to the labour court now

rte.ie/news/health/2019/021 … urt-talks/

They’ve blinked!

Approx 7% payrise or €2k per nurse. FG, the party of fiscal rectitude!

All other unions lining up now. Equality across all public servants. Why would nurses get more money and not teachers, etc

Here we go again, I’m not that worried this time though, the next time the IMF are in they’ll make the decisions that should have been made the last time but wont be avoidable the next time due to our debt pile.

Holidays - That’s why, but will it ever be said publicly? :nin

Two lost decades back to back then.

Yeah definitely, what you reap is what you sow

Is the govt bound to accept Labour Court recommendations?

AFAIK no, its only a recommendation but it looks like they are running with it

I don’t know how much holidays nurses get, but the average public servant with flexitime has over 40 days a year, and has much more flexibility than a teacher as to when they are taken. So they aren’t that much worse off than teachers.

this depresses me as its the canary in the coal mine. Irish nurses are well paid, yet after a few days strike they get a significant increase.

next up the entire public sector, on the radio today yates stated nurses represent 1/9 of the public service so today cost us 100M and to pay for it they have had to scrape the pot. if the rest of the public service gets the increases which it will that’s 900M.

u.s recession incoming/brexit/chinese banks imploding and europe/italy about to tear the EU apart.

2020/2021=2007/2008

2022 - public sector workers pay reduced…

do we ever learn?

April 9 2014

thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62368

This is true…

As a recently returned Civil Servant I’ve noticed leave has increased by at least two days for many grades since my last time there over twenty years ago.

I’ve 26 days annual leave with the opportunity to work up 1.5 additional days over each four-week period.

That’s 13 X 1.5 = 19.5 plus 26 = 45.5 days off! (Oh and I’ll get an extra day annual leave next year due to service.)

Increments are an incredible increase - very noticeable in the pay packet. Some are as wide as €1,500.00 - with the additional pay agreements (1.75% due in September) on top of that.

Why did I ever leave in the first place?

There’ll be someone along after morning break to tell you you’re making it all up…

Maybe I’m a bit thick this morning, had a late night, but I don’t get the logic of the bit in bold. As I see it you have 26 days ‘off’ and 19.5 days when you are not in work because you already worked those hours. I cannot see how that makes 45.5 days ‘off’. Unless I’m not reading it correctly.

Work an extra 12 hours per month for a extra 1.5days off? :open_mouth:

In my experience in the PS, the hours are built up through being present in work rather than having ‘worked’ them!
So they are in effect holidays.

HiFi- you left off the uncertified sick days, usually around 6 in most PS/CS organisations.
So that’s 51.5 days off before you even start on the certified sick days and the Doc’s sure aren’t shy about writing a few of them a year for most people.

I have to say this attitude really gets my goat. And I’m self-employed! There are as many diligent workers in the PS as there are in the private sector, and as many dossers too. Before I became self-employed I worked in the private sector and in my experience there was no shortage of lazy workers who took every opportunity to stay out ‘sick’. As for working-up for days off, I did that quite often and it often suited my employer more than it suited me. Of course I have heard of PS workers abusing the system of working-up days, but I also witnessed Private Sector workers lying about the time spent at work in order to get time off. And I know for a fact that nurses often cannot leave work when scheduled because they are still required on the ward, in the theatre, wherever - should they not get that time back? I think the adversarial relationship between PS and Private Sector workers does no one any good and doesn’t contribute to the smooth running of the country.

[ Once we look at the matter. In this way, the supposed miracles of government spending will appear in another light.”

](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_in_One_Lesson)