Stupid things EAs say

Terrible prose and grammar, and replete with clichés. Yes, a classic EA listing:

RAY COOKE AUCTIONEERS are delighted to present this magnificent 3/4 bedroom [THREE QUARTERS?] semi detached bungalow to the market in one of South Dublin’s most sought after locations. Farrenboley Cottages finds itself [FINDS ITSELF?] within minutes walk of Windy Arbour Luas Stop and in addition to this you will find Dundrum Town Centre, The M50 Motorway [WHY THE CAPITAL LETTER?] and a host of bus routes all within arms reach [ARMS REACH?]. Living accommodation of c. 950 sq ft comprises of entrance hall, lounge, kitchen/dining room, main bathroom and four bedrooms. No. 6 has been extended to the rear and boasts a spectacular rear garden c. 60 ft long with huge potential to further extend subject to planning permission. One lucky purchaser will be given the opportunity to transform this property into a magnificent family home. Early interest is sure to be expected, Call Ray Cooke Auctioneers for further information to arrange viewing!

• BOASTS MAGNIFICENT POTENTIAL
  • Peaceful cul de sac setting
  • Only minutes walk from Windy Arbour Luas Stop
  • Ample off street parking
  • Spectacular rear garden c. 60 ft long
  • Alarmed
  • Within easy reach of City Centre & M50 Motorway
  • A host of bus routes on your doorstep
  • Viewing highly advised!

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/3120103

I am tempted to write a plugin to strip EA bullshit from myhome ads.

I rewote our EAs blurb when we were selling our house. Aside from the usual template bullshit, I felt mentioning the yacht club in Dun Laoghaire was irrelevant to our house in Blackrock.

Our EA was fine with it.

But the yacht club and harbour provides easy access to a host of sea-based amenities, including onward connections to North and South America. Surely a key selling point?

Also an opportunity for many irrelevant pictures!

:smiley:

myhome.ie/residential/brochure/f … -3/3125818

Investment opportunity for sale. Great location,needing modernisation. Contact Hibernian Estates for the viewing. Appointments by appointment only…

A new record thanks to Sherry Fitzgerald! “Blackrock” has finally oozed over the N11 to annex half of Leopardstown.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/3142200

i wonder how much the “rock” has added to the price

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -3/3104197

well ballybough is now drumcondra, Dublin 3

unless I am mistaken and that is drumcondra.

It’s not Ballybough. Ballybough only runs up to the Jones’ Road.
Drumcondra it is.

Per An Post, the postal address is Blackrock.

Well, doh, for the second time today. “Galloping Green, Blackrock” it is.

Me: “Do you have any bids?”
EA: “We have interest just below the asking price!”
Me: “But do you have any bids?”
EA: “Not as such”

“A rare opportunity”

Plenty of opportunities to get fleeced as far as I can see.

This whole ad really:

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/3161516

The address is nonsense

The map puts the property in the middle of the UCD Science Block

There is no BER cert

The agent does not appear to hold a license under the name advertised (could be under a different name I guess).

Does anyone else get a slight pang when they see the upstairs window offset over the door and garage door like that?..The designer in me just couldn’t cope with that elevation! If that’s a real house in ‘good’ Blackrock it’s well priced relatively speaking…but that window…bleuugh

The vendors do seem to be throwing in the curtains and roller blinds with the sale. Bargain!

“deceptively large” - but what does that mean?? The property seems large but is really very small? Or the property seems small but is really very large?? :open_mouth: :confused:

It means it is close by.