Taming the Vampire Squid: Take back our banks

nakedcapitalism.com/2011/06/ … tions.html

Goldman Sachs reports second quarterly loss since investment bank went public in 1999 -> finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews … 3337.shtml

Squidskrieg!

BBC Newsnight used this video as it’s closing sequence following it’s report on GS’s quarterly loss. It used it from about 1:05 onwards. Very Funny.

A Wave of Partner Retirements at Goldman Sachs -> cnbc.com/id/45305361

Getting out while the getting is good, including the CFO of their mining investing operation.

bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-2 … escue.html

Greg Smith is resigning as the company’s executive director

Some strong stuff from a very senior employee.

Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs

ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2012/03 … um=twitter

https://av.r.ftdata.co.uk/files/2012/03/120314-ibanking.jpg

Goldman Sachs director in London quits ‘toxic’ bank

As the old biblical saying goes … ‘it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, then for a banker to grow a conscience’.

Of course, the company disagrees :

ehhh …

bbc.co.uk/news/business-17366552

Breaking factoid: Goldman Sachs has 12,000 vice presidents in its total 33,300 employees - that’s about one veep for every two point five interns and support staff!

rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/a-goldman-executives-brave-departure-20120314

I saw this story as its doing the rounds but I can’t help feeling that this guy has a book coming out or is otherwise trying to rehabilitate his own reputation. He seems to be saying that ethics went down the toilet at Goldman after Blankfein took over, which suggests that the place was a paragon of virtue under Paulson! Paulson is the guy who ran the place in the 12 years that Smith spent going from Summer intern to close to the top and so is the guy who must have promoted him along the way. All a bit of a fairy tale to be honest.

Yep, it’s all very Michael Lewis circa the 80s. Desensitization is the gravest threat to humanity. I’m off for a pint.

online.barrons.com/article/SB500 … 99502.html

online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 70874.html

Compare the goldman pr (what you were naive to think we looked out for you?) to the pr for worldspreads. The denense of GS is widespread. Good PR.

Goldman Sachs fined $22m over flaws at weekly 'huddles’

bbc.co.uk/news/business-17694495

The Goldman Sachs coup that failed in America has nearly succeeded in Europe—a permanent, irrevocable, unchallengeable bailout for the banks underwritten by the taxpayers.

webofdebt.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/the-european-stabilization-mechanism-or-how-the-goldman-vampire-squid-just-captured-europe/

Accidentally Released - and Incredibly Embarrassing - Documents Show How Goldman et al Engaged in ‘Naked Short Selling’ - Matt Taibbi -> commondreams.org/view/2012/05/16-0

Neil Barofsky on Secret Goldman Sachs Team, Volcker -> bloomberg.com/video/neil-bar … EJn9Q.html

Ex-Goldman trader Taylor pleads guilty to wire fraud - -> reuters.com/article/2013/04/ … J320130403