TEEU predict a riot

Sounds all too much like some efficient well organised madness!

and about bloody time!!! this should have happened 2 years ago better late than never

Not all unions are going to go along with this.
For instance, do you think Peter McLoone would allow Impact even to debate a motion like this?

Isn’t this the same union who went out on strike for higher wages after the bubble started to burst? The same people who sat around the social partnership table which got us to where we are?

Just smacks of self preservation

at least it shows signs of the herd realising theyve been led to the slaughterhouse

While I appreciate that you might have doubts about the unions, my understanding of what a union does is look after its members’ interests. It is a private body, not a public one. You might as well ask the IAVI to look after house-buyers’ interests, or ask FG to help Sinn Féin out!

Absolutely.

I reckon next Saturdays march will be when the riots kick. It will just be venting but I’d be very surprised if it comes off peacefully.

All the Gardai will have to do is wait for the union negotiated tea-break, then round them all up quietly. They can have them all locked up in Mountjoy before it’s time to pick up tools again.

Hmmmm Peter McLoone is yestreday’s man. there’s a new sheriff in town at the Impact helm… called Shay Cody. Now his strategy is going to be much more interesting to watch…

I think Mr Devoy realises he could be in a bit of shite here.

FF: We are going to look at electricians massive pay.
TEEU: Just fuggin try it mate and we’ll have the country in darkness by nightfall.
FF: Fair enough so, we’ll develop a forward looking roadmap with strategic goals and formulate a working group.

IMF: We are going to look at electricians massive pay.
TEEU: Just fuggin try it mate and we’ll have the country in darkness by nightfall.
IMF: Nighty nighty.

Same with the train drivers and any other bubble wrapped sector. This is why some Irish people welcome the IMF, because they are sick of driving home from their crap jobs listening to Matt Cooper interviewing Oogle and his mates. The same commuters fail to see the down side of the IMF, the social upheaval, the sick and the handicapped starved of services. The chokehold on growth.