Tesla - Pimping Elon's Ride?

Volkswagen’s plan to kill off Tesla ft.com/content/a2b8cf3a-1e1 … fc3ad87c65 via @financialtimes

The “skateboard” format should be a success and could also provide the basis for a couple of industry standards for the future EV designs, it ticks so many boxes that ensure success.
For example, the low centre of gravity helps stability, it allows for a raised seating position that many motorists prefer, etc

I’d still buy a battery from him:

businessinsider.com.au/tesl … gs-2018-10

It frees up a lot of space for storage too, and its very easy to ad extra motors for four wheel drive

I have no idea if Rivian will be around in five or ten years, they may never even produce their truck/SUV, but if Ford and GM don’t have a similar truck on the way then they really are fools

Wohoo, Revenue is up, uh-oh another CFO has resigned :angry:

Tesla batteries busted!

To be honest there might be plenty wrong with tesla but batteries isnt one of them

That was a terrible video and not worth watching.

TLDW: It takes time to charge a battery, its faster to put liquid fuel in your car. That’s why Tesla batteries suck!

Also batteries are heavy and fuel+tanks are lighter. But he neglected to mention the car engines are very heavy and electric motors are much lighter.

I flip flop between Musk being a Genius (The first time I saw the video of his spaceX rocket landing vertically I was awe struck, I shared it with everyone who would let me) a charlatan (hyperloop/car sled/monorail thing) or a mentaller (The Thai cave incident).
However, that video basically says that batteries have crap power to weight ratio compared to an ICE. He never proves that Tesla batteries are nonsense compared to other batteries though.

At the end he complains about click bait but he’s no better himself

His biggest mistake was to compare the weight of an EV battery with an empty or full fuel tank, he will understand things better if he compares an EV battery with the weight of his car engine + transmission + fuel tank

But its not all bad, he’s on the right track when it comes to Hydrogen

A new battery technology that will suck less than Tesla’s current batteries.

Tesla and Elon Musk - the future of electric cars | DW Documentary

(Co-)Founder of PayPal, Tesla Motors & SpaceX.
And of course starting off with Zip2, which he sold for a third of a billion.

He’s most definitely parked in genius territory.

I’d hazard a guess and say recreational ( and perhaps some non-recreational) drug use explains his otherwise erratic behaviour.
However, given the unbelievable mental pressure he puts himself under, it’s not something I’d hold against him.

bbc.com/news/business-47521940

It looks like the bug fix for the Tesla’s swerving into lane separators gets lost in some updates.

Sales may be struggling.

The Tesla Model 3 News Is Bad – the Model S and Model X News Is Worse

The Tesla Model 3’s growth is stalling out, while Model S and Model X demand has fallen off a cliff.

It’s Friday :icon_biggrin: Enjoy!

Be Still My Beating Wallet

Bad news for Tesla and EVs in general – making the battery alone causes up to 100g CO2 per kilometre over its lifetime. Add the CO2 associated with electricity generation and EVs produce more CO2 than diesels, according to a German study. Natural gas powered cars would use two thirds less.

The CO2 estimates may or may not be realistic, but they can never escape from the fact that in an urban environment (where most vehicles are driven) they are non polluting and their use will ensure the air at street level is far cleaner than it is at present.

Funded by someone with hydrogen power interests perhaps?