The Cork Housing Market Discussion Thread

Agreed, main road would be the biggie if it was me. €350k is a lot of money for that house without the possible structural stuff to cover.

I would find it very difficult to believe that this wasn’t flooded in the big floods of '09, considering the adjacent gym was totally destroyed. Often said that this was a once in a lifetime flood, but you would have to be happy with that risk. Great location though.

This is sale agreed at €355k, 40 over asking for a complete fixer upper.

sherryfitz.ie/residential/fo … ?orderBy=4

Sold per PPR for €665k - €120k over asking!

I’d say that’s drumming up interest?

You can’t even give away houses in some parts of Cork these days, it seems…

irishexaminer.com/ireland/vi … 36241.html
*Traveller families are refusing to move 200 yards from their old cramped halting site to a new purpose-built €5m housing scheme in a standoff…It is understood some families want **facilities for their horses **on the new site, and some are holding out for **disturbance money. *City officials said they only have a responsibility to provide housing for the Travellers, and that has been done

Just had a look on the PPR for houses sold in Cork Jan-June 2015

Blackrock: 28 less 14 actually in Mahon: 14
Ballintemple: 5
Ballinlough: 10

The complete lack of supply continues the high demand in these areas with prices rising accordingly

Whatever about what is going on in Dublin - cork has seen over 25% increases in properties in the ballinlough, ballintemple and douglas areas compared to this time last year.

The shack in beaumount I mentioned earlier in the thread was bidding at over €420k when the last house had sold for €350k. Crazy stuff going on.

Nice area 4 bed with “potential” but a bit of a strip and rip I’d have thought at 495k

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … rk/3118447

Interesting given that 2 Bishopscourt Road went for 430 at the height of things last December.

propertypriceregisterireland.com … nd-142961/

2 Bishopscourt is a bigger house though, and has a huge garden.Its too close to the Bishopstown road for me, and 430e is a lot of money even for that. It is currently being ripped and stripped. If 23 gets 495e I will be shocked…but I’ve been shocked before :smiley:

So you think Cork peaked last December? I wouldn’t have thought so

From what I saw, last December most of the houses we’d looked at in the previous six months that hadn’t sold already went sale agreed in quite a short space of time. In quite a few cases for more than the asking. 2 Bishopscourt Road had been on the market for a reasonable length of time and both times I saw it the asking was 375, 20 below the 395 asking so my impression is that bidding took off quite late in November / December. So, not calling a peak but anecdotally prices appeared to have a definite momentum that, based purely on personal experience I’ve not seen since.

What’s wrong with this?

daft.ie/sales/5-tara-court-g … k/1069513/

Seems to be around 150k lower than some of the 4-beds mentioned above.

Probably a bit of Cork Snobbery, Glasheen is a nice area and I for one would have no problem living there, but Bishopstown because of its closer proximity to the CUH, CIT and at a stretch UCC seems to carry a price tag.Traditionally it was more white collar or in my youth anyway. Be interested to hear others views

Probably more a 4 bed than a 5 and I think its been for sale for a while 24 Stratton Pines, Bishopstown, Co Cork

€260,000 - Asking Price For Sale by Private Treaty125 sqm approx

sherryfitz.ie/residential/fo … iew=photos

propertypriceregister.ie/websit … enDocument

5 Belmont Park went for the asking, 300K

Entered as Gaeilge for some reason.

It’s been ridiculously quiet last few months. Zero supply

Been awhile since I looked at this thread, still lots of heat in the usual spots in the cork market - the last few 3 beds in Beaumount ballintemple have all gone for north of €400k as complete fixer uppers.

Hard to believe what has happened in the last two years really.

I’ve heard anecdotally that there was a flurry of purchases over July/August and that prices bumped up. I haven’t seen any firm evidence of this though.