The Crofton (New build), Dun Laoghaire launching

A new development of 25 apartments launching this weekend. Interesting to see how it goes:

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2810512

it would have been helpful if the estate agent put the actual selling price on their ad rather than
POA

• 2 Bed Apartment 75 m² / 807 ft² For Sale B2

I think this was left half built for a few years so great to see it finally completed.

I believe
1 beds range from €235,000 - €300,000 (they are a good size for a 1 bed though at 600 sq feet)
2 from €395,000 - €475,000 (south facing) and from €415,000 - €525,000 (sea view)

half a million euros for a 2 bed apartment situated half an hour by train from the city is MAD

If you work and hangout in Dun Laoighaire, you wouldn’t give much of a crap about train times to the city centre.

Dun Laoghaire - Pearse is 19 minutes on the Dart.

I do like Dun Loaghaire alot but 400-500k for a 2 bed of 75 sqm is a joke.

Always thought it was pronounced DORT :stuck_out_tongue:

At 235k for a 56m 1 bed and 395k for a 75m 2 bed - the 2 beds actually work out more expensive per m2 than the 1 beds. Is this normally the way? I would have thought it would be the other way due to the extra bedroom being a cheaper space to build/fit out presumably (rather than say a kitchen).

[Theoretically] who cares about cost - the rational seller is looking at the buyer’s willingness to pay.

It is curious though, I’d expect the 2 bed only gets marginally more rent - meaning an atrocious rental yield for any BTLers who buy the 2 beds

Piece in the Irish Times irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/new-to-market/new-homes-new-life-for-old-offices-in-dun-laoghaire-1.1786924

Went to the launch/viewing today. Quite a big turnout. 2 front facing 2 bedrooms are nice, the south facing 2 beds (one per floor) is terrible in my opinion with tiny narrow windows and consequently extremely dark. You would need the light on 24/7. Very disappointing in such a new development. No real outdoor common area as well from what I could tell.

No. The word you’re looking for is DORK.
Defn DORK (noun) a person who pays mad money for an apartment that will soon be valued at a quarter the price