The FF Outcasts - Where are they now?

C0ck Roche has landed himself as a lobbyist in Brussells…200k+, on top of his 50k pension here
independent.ie/national-news … 68786.html

Bit like the way CJ had that nasty fall off a horse before his budget speech … :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lenihan is just window dressing. The real message that the big tech companies understand is that if they want to do business in Russia they need to be seen to be taking part in the Skolkovo project. IBM, Seimens, Microsoft, Intel, Cisco, Boeing etc. are already signed up. How much of it is for show and how much is actual real activity on the ground remains to be seen but the whole project has very heavy weight support.

As an ex minister is Lenihan not ALREADY receiving a pension from taxpayers here?
It seems reasonable that anyone getting a pension like that should be working for Ireland’s interests, not for those of another country.
But maybe I’m just old-fashioned. Maybe we shouldn’t believe all that talk about patriotism, in this together, a nation once again, serving the people…is there a smiley for going blue in the face?

Interesting article but hardly surprising. Conor was always best as a “fixer” rather than politician. Remember, he cut his teeth working for Denis O’Brien in the Digifone days, helping Esat get mast rights on either the OPW or Garda mast deal (can’t remember which one it was).

He would actually be quite good as an investment broker type person. I presume he only ever got into politics becasue it was the family business. Probably never interested him.

Doesn’t Conor Lenihan look very old? I thought he was maybe mid 40s?

Is it just me or does Red Square look a lot like the Grand Canal?

Indeed. They don’t really go in for Georgian doors (mock or otherwise) in Moscow. :wink:

Things are getting wierd in the world of FF outcasts:

irishexaminer.com/opinion/co … 04134.html

Just in case you forgot who Chris Andrews was, here he is (on the right)

Here’s details on how @brianformerff was outed as @chrisandrewsff:

independent.ie/national-news … 97102.html

The redirection thing is clever.

+1
he was obviously paranoid enough to use the internet cafe, if he’d used the money he spent on the internet cafe on hidemyass.com etc subscription he would have avoided this.

What’s his day job now?

There’s so much that’s bizarre in that story: the way that the investigator (pretty transparent to identify, I’d have thought) creates a false identity to entrap another person using a false identity (never has “set a thief to catch a thief” been so apt), the combination of cleverness and sheer doggedness, and then, releasing it to the Sindo because it was evidently not enough to keep it in-house in FF, but required Andrews’ public shame and career termination. A morality tale for our time. It would make a fascinating TV documentary, if only the long arms of the O’ Callaghan and Andrews clans did not reach so high and wide across RTE and the media in general.

Interesting how good investigative work can be once you get stuck into “important” people. Do we know who actually carried out and funded this?
Maybe we could recruit him for more useful work.

If you think about it you will figure out who it is behind this. These people are Fianna Faíl insiders so the exposition of truth is rarely high on their list of priorities except when it gets personal. These people couldn’t give a fuck about the country.They are only interested in their petty turf wars and career advancement. Gangsters the lot of them and some of the practices involved here are surely borderline illegal?Maybe someone could clarify that. IF for example you were an officer of the court and you employed these tactics (such as impersonation or entrapment) would this kind of carry on not be in contravention of some rule or other?Again,I’d be interested in what any lawyers out there have to say on this.

Chris Andrews isn’t important, the phrase using a sledgehammer to crack a nut was rarely more apt.

As for the investigator, you might want to read the article again. It isn’t difficult to work it out.

Family rows can be unpleasant, and FF is nothing if not one big family. In the Sopranos or Corleone sense. Only lesson is never get involved with them. Just ignore them and try to pretend they don’t exist.

Nothing illegal about finding out the identity of the twitter account in this case. It shows a disturbing level of paranoia and espionage for something so trivial.

Without wishing to further increase the paranoia, how do we know the identity wasn’t provided to the interesting party by a corrupt and IT aware cop and the state of events outlined in the article wasn’t invented as a plausible back-story to make it legally defensible?

Absolutely bizarre story. The inference in the article is that the investigator seems to have acted in response to the fact that his wife was the subject of derogatory comments by Andrews. Much as I value loyalty in a husband, it seems unlikely that anyone would go to those lengths simply to defend the honour of a spouse from a random Twitter user. Inclined to agree with Ivor Lott’s analysis.