The Irish Nationwide thread

INBS reports €3.3 billion net loss

irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0519/breaking44.html

When NAMA eventually offloads these loans/properties, I wonder what the true cost of Irish Nationwide’s folly will be to the taxpayer.

with QE2 hosting a party, and Garret dying, a good day to push out bad news

rte.ie/news/2011/0519/irishn … iness.html

Anger and sadness as INBS ‘tragedy’ enters final act - Simon Carswell -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin … 54524.html

Where is the perp walk? For all its very many faults, the US Justice system at least generally ensures all are equal before the law.

Fingers is sitting on tens of millions while being personally responsible for the loss of billions.

What about his involvement with the likes of McCreevey who got a 107% loan of €1.6 million to buy a trophy apartment in the K Club?

Society struggles with its home-loan arrears - Laura Noonan -> independent.ie/business/iris … 52786.html

EXCLUSIVE: INBS insolvent. What now for government promise to not inject “another red cent” unless senior bondholders are burned? -> namawinelake.wordpress.com/2011/ … re-burned/

Irish Nationwide gears up to sell off countrywide units - Donal Buckley -> independent.ie/business/comm … 74923.html

Worker in fear of Fingleton, tribunal hears -> rte.ie/news/2011/0630/irishn … iness.html

Nationwide board has last chance to consider Fingleton ‘legacy issues’ - Eamon Quinn -> independent.ie/business/iris … 03463.html

Developer told to provide papers in Fingleton case over Dublin scheme - Simon Carswell -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin … 92724.html

Fingleton ‘presided over culture of fear’ -> independent.ie/national-news … 11546.html

Behind locked gates, Fingleton fumes and feels misunderstood - Gemma O’Doherty -> independent.ie/lifestyle/beh … 17182.html

Shocked, shocked I tell you.

As a rarity, Mr. Burgess has it right:

Astonished to see INBS described as sub-prime. “There is no sub-prime in Ireland” remember?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … tgage.html

Fingleton jnr sets up new firm in Britain - Richard Curran -> sbpost.ie/news/ireland/fingl … 57399.html

Fingleton meets Anglo inquiry team - Simon Carswell -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin … 54211.html

Anglo asks Fingleton to give up €11,500 retirement watch - Simon Carswell -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro … 74999.html

If they’d any balls (and if Fingers has any money left) they’d be suing him for breach of fiduciary duty, not asking him to give back his watch and bonus pretty please.

Don’t expect any real action against Fingleton -> independent.ie/business/iris … 39290.html

Now they are in government, I have no doubt Joan Burton and her Labour colleagues will be insisting Mr. Aynsley take action on behalf of their beleaguered shareholders…just in case she needs reminding…

Govt.’s Velvet Glove Approach to Banks Will Not Work -> joanburton.ie/uncategorized/ … l-not-work

Bad Apples in Ireland’s Bad Banks Need Sorting before Budget -> joanburton.ie/economy-jobs-f … ore-budget

Why Does FF Want to Extend the Bank Guarantee? -> joanburton.ie/economy-jobs-f … -guarantee

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Joan Burton has no responsibility in goverment for corporate oversight. As I recall it was reported that she was less than happy about this fact. What do you think she should do? Maybe a coup? I think Noonan or Howlin would be better targets in this instance.

Agreed that that’s dreadful re the civil action limitations, if the report is true.

Nationwide staff threaten to strike over rises and bonuses - Donal O’Donovan and Anne-Marie Walsh -> independent.ie/national-news … 39323.html

Dan White: We pay for Fingers’ reckless banking, he gets bonus, €27m pension and a pricey watch -> herald.ie/opinion/columnists … 38607.html

Bank queries approval for Fingleton’s €11,500 watch - Simon Carswell -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … 21763.html

So that’s €1,021,150 due, of course, then there is the pension

Fingleton’s pension was wound up over crash fears -> businessetc.thejournal.ie/fingle … s-2010-12/

It’s obvious now the f$ckers realised the game was up in 2007 and started putting on the life jackets.

Fingleton’s pension was wound up over crash fears - Kathleen Barrington ->
kathleenbarrington.blogspot.com/ … folly.html