The Irish Nationwide thread

I get the impression the government are simply waiting for Fingleton (and FitzPatrick) to die rather than risk having politicians, ex-senior civil servants and certain people within the various golden circles dragged into the daylight.

The IBRC lawyers are busy these days:

With everything that has happened you do get fatigued from all the muppetry, but this article is breathtaking

independent.ie/business/iris … 66049.html

But shure we all stay at 5 star hotels in another country and charge it to our former employer, AND THEY PAY IT, dont we?

Almost 50% losses. And the smarmy cunt who ran it (into the ground) took a million bonus and a gold watch before he fucked off.

Without wishing to defend Fingers, the fact that the mighty resources of state are being put into gear to attempt to enforce payback of a paltry €1m plus sundry expenses sounds like more stage managing to deflect from bigger issues like the nationalisation of ILP, the Tribunal and AIB’s role in it, the household charge, etc.

Red-light report on Fingleton’s reckless lending was just ignored - Tom Lyons -> independent.ie/business/iris … 67648.html

Lowry and Fingleton had many dealings - Colm Keena -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … 04094.html

Welcome to Lowryland -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/wee … 39183.html

Nationwide was ‘not taking punt’ as bubble burst - Tom Lyons -> independent.ie/business/iris … 05701.html

https://d284656.u38.hosting.digiweb.ie/img/2012/04/29/cover-story/michael-lowry-audi-a7.jpg

2 Fingers -> sundayworld.com/columnists/i … ?aid=11290

Planet Lowry -> sundayworld.com/columnists/i … ?aid=11346

Coco Pops half price, wow, thanks for sharing…

(Facetwitter effect? What facetwitter effect…).

The last paragraph is pretty sensational stuff and should be in the Dead Lenihan thread…

Isle of Man bank allows £1m against money owed by ex-chief - John Mulligan -> independent.ie/business/iris … 33247.html

Nationwide’s ‘soft’ loan to Hogan - Tom Lyons and Daniel McConnell -> independent.ie/business/iris … 61567.html

New pressure on bank watchdog to publish details on Irish Nationwide - Donal O’Donovan -> independent.ie/national-news … 61892.html

https://d284656.u38.hosting.digiweb.ie/img/2012/07/08/cover-story/michael-fingleton.jpg

Banks a Mill, Pal: Fingers saves buddy €60m…but we’ll pay tab - Nicolla Tallant -> sundayworld.com/columnists/i … ?aid=12077

Here is the video -> sundayworld.com/multimedia/v … Scully.flv winamp] or flv player will allow you to view

Exactly why should we take Fingers word for it ? His track record on truth-telling isn’t exactly inspiring; I’m still waiting for him to return the money he said he’d return to the State !

My mate the bank manager might tell head office that my mortgage is non-recourse; but it shouldn’t matter a shite unless it says it in the contract. What the contract says, is what the contract is; it matters not how the parties involved ‘remember’ it, else why have a shaggin contract ? :imp:

I just read a Sunday World article.

I feel soiled. :stuck_out_tongue:

Because the contract is a physical document. You can take Fingers word that it’s non-recourse because no doubt he knows where that document is and what it contains. That’s all I’m saying.

Nationwide’s boss may face €500k sanction - Tom Lyons -> independent.ie/business/iris … 68493.html

The ODCE is on its teabreak…

Priory Hall developers got €30m Irish Nationwide loan - Dearbhail McDonald -> independent.ie/national-news … 73482.html