The Irish Nationwide thread

Lots of laughs on the couch, but missing Fingers makes the blood boil -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/wee … 01678.html

Fingleton used special account for politically sensitive loans - Tom Lyons -> independent.ie/business/iris … 90497.html

Con Power, former non-executive director of INBS, interviewed by George Lee on Radio 1 this morning. Gave him a hard time about his role as Director. Power was very defensive about it (how can you defend the indefensable?).

I’m sure I’m missing something here, but I have a sense that there is less baying for blood from Fingleton than there is from Seanie Fitz. Seanie has been charged, but not a word about Fingleton. WHY is this anyone? Are the shennigans in INBS any different - or worse - than what went on in Anglo?

The regulation of INBS was so loose and as a mutual it was ‘owned’ by its members and it is not clear that Fingers concealed anything that it may be difficult to pin anything on him. FitzPatrick (capital Pee) was foolish enough to conceal director’s loans and materially break the law. Fingers robbed in plain sight and nobody who saw what was going on should be surprised by how it ended up.

I notice Power’s defence, in part, is that he left in 2006 - to my mind that it leaving once the horse has bolted, but before the empty stable with the open door has been discovered. The wheels were already off the wagon at that point to such a degree that even the Icelandic banks were not tempted.

Fingleton facing civil action to return bonus

breakingnews.ie/ireland/ex-nationwide-boss-fingleton-facing-civil-action-to-return-bonus-588572.html

its a sad indictment of this messed up country that an accountant is the only one with the cajones to take on the self-proclaimed elite.

The regulators, the politicians, the gardai, all too afraid to do anything.

IBRC liquidators serve legal papers on four former directors of Irish Nationwide - Ciaran Hancock -> irishtimes.com/business/2.79 … -1.1333186

Is 33AK undermining the banking sector in Ireland? - -> namawinelake.wordpress.com/2013/ … n-ireland/

Fingleton son landlord of €14m former Dunne office - Cormac McQuinn -> independent.ie/irish-news/fi … 11825.html

Inquiry into Anglo collapse ‘over’ - Donal O’Donovan -> independent.ie/business/iris … 07338.html

hmmm…

Editorial July-August 2012 Why no prosecutions? - > villagemagazine.ie/index.php … cutions-2/

Kildare thumbprints in banking bust - -> leinsterleader.ie/news/busin … -1-5135512

Maybe now Fingers can give taxpayers back the million euro bonus he awarded himself? - Jim Gallagher -> sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/sold-finger
5th June 2013

Commercial Court fastracks action against Fingleton:

rte.ie/news/business/2013/06 … directors/

Fingleton given go-ahead for his hotel in Balkans - -> herald.ie/news/fingleton-giv … 33586.html

Fingleton ‘should have been dismissed’ from Irish Nationwide in 2007 - Mary Carolan -> irishtimes.com/fingleton-sho … -1.1423316

Irish Nationwide spent €90k on Fingleton pension advice - Tim Healy and Cormac McQuinn -> independent.ie/irish-news/ir … 34561.html

Fingers faces ruin as INBS actions begin - Nick Webb -> independent.ie/business/iris … 47927.html

Smurfit, Gannon’s daughter on Fingleton gift list - Mary Carolan -> irishtimes.com/smurfit-ganno … -1.1423906

The weakest link was Finger’s Nationwide - Tom Lyons and Gavin Sheridan -> independent.ie/business/iris … 83220.html

Irish Nationwide’s 60,000 emails are combed over by investigators - Tom Lyons -> independent.ie/business/iris … 00939.html