The Irish Nationwide thread

What do you mean “again”? Might’ve bought an Evening Herdald once or twice in pre-tabloid form thirty-five years ago, but I don’t think I’ve been tempted since. I thought I was being clever opening the odd Irish Times article in “new private window” to get around the paywall … until I realised I don’t exceed the ten article weekly limit anyway. The question is why anyone ever bought a paper in Ireland. They long ago lost any remaining utility with the invention of the kerosene impregnated firelighter.

Fingleton to tell inquiry INBS did not require bailout - -> irishtimes.com/news/politics … -1.2331235

and back in 1997

‘Fingers’ Fingleton has €30m pension and no regrets - -> irishtimes.com/news/politics … -1.2338022

If I had a €30 million pension I’d probably have no regrets either.

Michael Fingleton action to stop Central Bank inquiry opens - -> irishtimes.com/business/mich … -1.2415987
Nov 4, 2015

Fingleton loses at High Court…

rte.ie/news/2016/0104/757663 … igh-court/

High Court agrees to postpone order for Michael Fingleton’s €500k costs - -> breakingnews.ie/ireland/high … 15734.html

Michael Fingleton allowed £10m loan increase without approval - banking inquiry - -> irishtimes.com/business/fina … -1.2514212

Fingleton launches appeal against High Court ruling - -> businesspost.ie/fingleton-la … rt-ruling/
February 28, 2016

Purcell could lay bare secret IBRC deal - -> businesspost.ie/purcell-coul … ibrc-deal/

Ex-INBS directors paid ‘ball of money’ to settle case - -> irishtimes.com/business/fina … -1.2600920

Interesting, Who retired from the central bank then . . .

So somebody had to tell the directors of the largest private property investment company in the state that there was a property bubble and it couldn’t continue indefinitely? What were his qualifications? Top chap? Friend of the boss? Mouth shut and rubber stamp?

Norman Stanley Fletcher…

I see Walls are renovating the INBS HQ (formerly Carrolls Cigarettes) at 2 Grand Parade. The owners applied for and were granted an exemption from planning permission in March. The building is listed/heritage.

Inquiry into INBS can go ahead, court rules - -> independent.ie/business/iris … 24495.html

Former INBS director loses bid to stop Central Bank inquiry - -> irishtimes.com/business/fina … -1.2738868

“Burden” on the ex secretary and financial controller eh ?
I’m sure he was obliged to document all material decisions so where’s the burden John? The files are there aren’t they ? :laughing:

John Stanley Purcell

If I see him and recognize him I’ll remind him of his not disproportionate burden.

New tenant it’s Amazon,I guess that makes it Prime real estate.

It’s a short term let to Amazon…

irishtimes.com/business/comm … -1.2650866

UK group secures €22m profit on Irish Nationwide’s Dublin HQ - -> irishtimes.com/business/comm … -1.2868886

Inquiry into INBS bosses to go public -[paywall] -> thetimes.co.uk/edition/irela … -2sqlzr25b

Christmas is coming and the geese are getting fat
Please put a penny in the old man’s hat
If you haven’t got a penny, a ha’penny will do
If you haven’t got a ha’penny, tough shit - the taxpayer only bails out rich f*ckers