The Irish Republic as you knew it, has been suspended

coronavirus

Video of the moment Simon Harris informed the Irish public.

Which symbolically marks the end of the remit of this forum as you knew it.

Change is the Status Quo.

Time to fight back! I say…

¡Viva la Revolución! :partying_face:

I think we shouldn’t overreact too much to this. There’s still too many stupid people breaking the guidance. If people had more cop-on, it wouldn’t be needed.

But are we really on the way to a totalitarian police state, initiated by a hoax plandemic?

I’ll believe it when the culchie guards start up the roving death squads.

Dr Holohan needs to know that continuing to use weasel terms like ‘covid 19-related death’ is not acceptable given the price each of us is paying to contain further spread of the virus.

News editors at RTE and national newspapers should hang their heads in shame at allowing death figures be reported using that weasel term, by doing so they become very much part of the problem.

Forbes at state broadcaster RTE should instruct the news team to report more accurately or consider resigning

I don’t know about you, but the only price I’m paying is the comfort of working from home, no commuting traffic, quiet streets for walking and not having to put up with an office full of dickheads all day. :slight_smile:

The whole thing would be over if we could just sit still for 2 weeks*. Remember that when ye’re griping about civil liberties.

* Presumably stopping air travel makes sense once we get community transmission down below a certain %age. But it’s misplaced to be complaining about that while there’s tailbacks on the N11. We own this now.

I really think that those that fear a police state, dont know the practical steps to make it happen. While we are of course wise to question why, we cant overnight go to a police state.

I’ve read a lot about WW2 nazis, Khmer rough, idi Amin…its just occurred to to me that many on this forum dont know how it really works…

Why of course the people don’t want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don’t want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

“Symbolic gesture”

Just another milestone in this bizzare cluster fk by a barely elected boox.

Doctors and nurses have died in several countries when exposed to a heavy COVID-19 viral load. Are you advocating that the country should be opened up and everyone exposed to a full whack of this virus? You first, please. If you don’t mind I’ll stay in lockdown, which is not such a great ordeal, and observe how you get on from a safe distance.

No. It is not bizarre. It is not a cluster fuck.

It is a powerful “symbolic gesture”, a clear signal to the financiers of this vassal state their operative boys and girls are on side and still in full control, ready and waiting.

Two videos covering the 2020 legislation, details and time line of suspension of the Republic as you knew it.

April 4th

April 13th

Not such a great ordeal for those who stayed on full pay and pension contributions (that’s a whole lot of government dependents in this country), but a huge deal for anyone losing a full day’s pay for every day this global ‘big lie’ continues, it would be helpful if government dependents really were able to be “all in this together” but they aren’t and they never will be, and as for RTE it really has excelled as ‘state broadcaster’ since this ‘story’ began, not once does it seem to have voiced any dissenting opinions, Forbes really should now resign, oh and by the way how’s the virus testing going at Croke Park, we haven’t heard anything about that since March, obviously been quietly disappeared as a news story, no fuel for the fire like.

I have no government connections so I can’t answer your questions on testing or RTE. I run my own SME business in the private sector and business has been reduced by more than 50% since this crisis started. But I still believe that the lockdown is the correct thing.

The hospitals are nearly empty, none of the field hospitals will ever be used IMO. One of the ICU’s was full recently - one of them. We locked down to early, if we don’t come to our senses and open back up the economy will burn to the ground and people not seeking medical attention for other ailments will kill as many if not more than are in danger from this panicdema. I suggested weeks ago in the main thread that the mortality from this might be 0.18% and I still think that.

Never ending?

Archived link: https://archive.is/ZcozU

Will there be “antibody” certs, “I already had covid” certs, " I’m at risk of a severe allergic reaction so I’ll not be having the vaccine thanks" certs, “I’m 4 years old and can’t catch covid” certs ? Etc.

The symbolism this time round could not be any darker.

OW, that shiite is a new low, even for a conspiracy nut like you.
This site has gone to the dogs with this conspiracy crap.
FFS whats wrong with you, have you lost the capacity to think?, just read the shit on that article and try to rationally think, sentences like “The Irish Government’s goal is to destroy small businesses” - what!!!, really???, its batshit insane nonsense.