The Pretty Charts thread

Pretty Charts (more info and links here)

thanks ps for this data!

Hi ps

Again, thanks for putting all this stuff together, it’s invaluable to some of us to see these changes in colouredy chart form!

Ta. You’re more than welcome.

Pretty clear that asking prices have levelled off in pricier parts of Dublin for now. I’d expect to see it in sale prices soon.

Rest of country has a bit to go yet.

As for rents, astonishing to see that median monthly asking price is €2,200 in Dublin, with no signs of slowing down.

Yeah, there’s always some noise in these data but a downward trend in Dublin South asking prices seems firmly established now. Also allegedly backed up by sales prices at the higher end. The rest of the county apart from Dublin West seems to be flatlining. Anecdotally, from individual ads, it seems to me that property at the lower end is still getting crazier. People are managing to stretch themselves a bit further within CB lending limits, but the upper end has tapered off.

Btw, this might be a good time to point out / remind that ‘Dublin South’ and ‘Dublin North’ on myhome.ie refer to south city and north city. Some time ago they added ‘Dublin South County’ and ‘Dublin North County’ but I haven’t added it so far due to lack of historical data. I may go back over the data in due course once there’s enough back figures to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for all your work on this subject ps200306.

We’re eyeing up a move back next year and we’ll have work options in most regional centres so it’s good to have a clear view on long term trends to help us weigh up our options.