The Pretty Charts thread

Pretty Charts

(Fixes needed: page reflowing)

Many thanks.

In Q4 2010 median Dublin prices were 47% higher than those outside. In Q4 2015 they were 114% higher.

Part of that reflected the faster bursting of the bubble in Dublin.

The other part is I think part of a structural move toward higher housing values in Ireland in central, urban locations. Public transport is as dire as ever, jobs are in service sectors that like to cluster.

This is already impacting the public service I have heard. Churn is higher among graduates than it has ever been. While starting salary is not bad it just doesn’t pick up fast enough when you get to the family-formation phase and have to deal with Dublin housing costs.

Pretty Charts

Pretty Charts

Got to hand it to you PS, they’re pretty charts.

Is the color code predetermined? Cause it does present well.

I think some are presets, some I just plucked at random. I was kinda more focused on just getting them working.
‘Pretty’ Charts was tongue in cheek. I haven’t an artistic bone in my body. :smiley:

Pretty Charts

Pretty Charts

Pretty Charts

Great work ps200306/

Just to say, the last one should be Central Bank mortgage arrears, not CSO

Thanks Jackal. I fixed the post, but will have to fix the charts themselves in future. Looks like a 10 week or so lag from end of quarter to when the stats are published, so I expect to see the next one perhaps in second week of June. Hope to fix the chart titles at the same time. (EDIT: what the hell, no time like the present … done).

Pretty Charts

The really scary thing is that this is peak season for Dublin rentals.

Expect plenty of media commentary when the students return.

Pretty Charts

Pretty Charts

(Fixes needed: page reflowing) EDIT: fixed

Pretty Charts

Are the values plotted as asking price/sq.ft means or medians?

They are means, with a small number of outlier values discarded.

What is the algorithm for discarding outliers? The choice of algorithm could have a major effect on the data presented.