Time capsule homes

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -4/2885697
€1,300,000 - 6 Bed Detached House 3675 ft² / 341.42 m² For Sale

New to the market today.

The extensions, etc. render the house a total disaster, but I love seeing retro interiors that haven’t been changed. There is a distinction between this, which appears to be in good condition and where the owners probably wanted the house like this, and houses with tatty, neglected and old interiors that they simply never bothered to change. Can’t see properly, and possibly a replica, but I love the De Sede DS600 in the living room. I sometimes wonder where they get the pieces from for the likes of the deVere’s April design auction - but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the contents of this place in said auction in a few month’s time.

I recall in the last 7 years there being an apartment in the Monkstown or Dun Laoghaire area that came on the market having been totally untouched (perhaps even unoccupied?) since the 80’s and it was wonderful.

Has anyone any good examples of homes stuck in time on the market at the moment?

You don’t think this is faux retro that was redone in the late 90s early 00s?

Well the TV is “original” retro by the looks of it.

Those downlighters tho… damn.

You could be right, I was just going by the god-awful extensions and assuming nobody in the late 90’s/early 00’s would purposely wreck a very valuable piece of property like that. Also there’s the matter of the sunken bathtub…

Its the real deal.

There is indeed a great pleasure from the time warp aspect of viewing those interiors. I hope we can find more examples to put here and enjoy. Good thread.

Please, please, please someone photoshop Kermit into one of those photos !

No, no, Britt Ekland :smiley:, please

has not been touched since 1975 myhome.ie/residential/brochu … th/2992571

That fireplace!

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … ow/3092442
Love this in Greystones.
Interesting the way they split the garden, with all the rooms facing a small but well-planted walled courtyard, and then a large garden behind that, which isn’t visible.

Great idea for a thread.

The only way a central courtyard seems to work in this climate is if it’s glass covered. Preferably with a stove in the centre for cold but bright days.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -5/3051541

My favourite

Someone put a house in their house!

First thoughts was that it was a George Keck influenced passive solar modernist house. It has a lot of his hallmarks presuming the living and dining room floor to ceiling windows are south facing. The ad doesn’t give much info on the house itself; year etc. Nice gaff and once it gets into the right hands. Would be a bit weary of who to let near a mid-century type restoration.

Gayest house in the village?

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/3090792
28 Butterfield Crescent, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14
€825,000 - 4 Bed Semi-Detached House 213 m² / 2293 ft² For Sale

Completely enamoured with the art deco extension on this one - assume its there since the 70s/80s but not sure. Lovely house and garden.

Absolutely nothing in that house goes with anything else!
The weirdest thing is that the garden is just a rough field. I’d have expected shelly grottoes, psychedelic topiary, dream catchers hanging everywhere and an army of fluorescent pink and mauve gnomes.

If you’re thinking of buying in Toronto…

1950s.littlethings.com/toronto-1950s-home/?utm_source=cozy&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=houses