what have i missed?

Yes my child.
For though I should walk in the land of NAMA, I will not fear bankrupcy, for thou art paying with me. Thy fiver and thy tenner, they have comforted me.

Anybody who is thinks strategically would be mad not to squirrel away cash before moving to for example UK and declaring bankruptcy. Come back debt free with your cash intact and start again or stay in UK and start again with cash intact

I agree. Would you go further and say that if such a person didnt not take that course of action, they could be correctly labelled a dumb hoor?
I think I would go that far.
Old rules no longer apply.

2Pack, I take exception to some of the directive questions that you have posed to GEM.
I’m one who hasn’t profited from the so call boom.

My history is replicated by many people I’m sure. I can see many similarities with GEM.
If I answer the questions that you asked then for one thing I’m sure that I was not earning more than I should during the bubble years. I worked in Manufacturing for a large multinational and did long hours at officially below average pay as was the company policy.

I never really took big holidays during the bubble years. It wasn’t my thing.

I didn’t buy a new car unless you consider my purchase of a 7 year old car in 2007 to be a “new car” and I still have this car now and it’s 11 years old at this stage!

The problem is that the golden crowd have been well done in looking after themselves with the gang of FF politics, Key Civil Servant involvement and Bankers basically playing the big game of keeping the little people in control. These guys can talk excuses and reasons till the cows come home and after the milking is over too. But they’ve never actually delivered.

I don’t believe the new government will deliver either since in essence we have just new faces at the politicial side but in essence these people have alreay begun to renege on promises that have been given. And this will continue.

The general masse of the Irish people are trained from an early age to obey and never question authority, for if you do, both you, your friends and your family will be punished.
I see it on a day to day basis.

There is a big need for the public, the working people or those at least interested in working to take action. I see the farther left and independents as being the last chance for democracy to be working in Ireland but I’d much prefer at this stage a more violent revolution where some of those that I’ve identified would pay with their lives for the many years of crap that I’ve put up with living in shite accommodation and dealing with a prick arse society.

Emmigration looks attractive but I really don’t want to leave this place. Instead I want to fight.

It’s the type of attitude that you and your fellow cute hoors displayed in the past that got this country into the mess it sees it’s self in today.
But it sure as shite ain’t the present logic that you (and I might add, your fellow cute hoors) are excreting now that will save it.
You and we need to “man the fuck up” as a nation for once in our lives and fix this mess not run away like cowards blaming everyone else.

wii - that was an excellent post and very well written. Some great points there. As for you murf,why am I in the cute hoor crew?
I still pay my mortgages.
All I’m saying is the if you are DEFINITELY going to go broke, and you currently have a wedge, then change your current course of action.
Not to do so would make you a dumb hoor, a broke one at that.

No, that’s not all you’ve been saying. You said, for instance, that the banks screwed you first, so you are suggesting a certain moral rectitude in screwing them back. (You can correct me if I’m wrong in that reading, but that’s certainly the import of several of your comments).

Right so, if the banks have screwed you most unrighteously, then you might decide to change your current course of action even if you’re NOT going to go broke. Maybe you think you MIGHT go broke and don’t want to take the risk. Or maybe you know you WON’T go broke but don’t fancy the implications for your standard of living. Or heck, maybe you just made an investment that went bad, and even though you could easily afford to pay for it, why give your hard-earned cash to those evil bastard banks.

You can see the slippery slope here. By starting with the hard cases, you arrive by way of the marginal cases and the just-a-little-bit-hard cases to where everyone feels justified in screwing everybody else.

The quoted text below is precisely how I viewed your posts 2gaffs.
Although I just didn’t think your posts worth the amount of thought and effort that the below quoted rebuttal obviously took.

Precisely. You cant eat morality and duty.

NAMA and the bank bailouts, as has been pointed out here many times before, largely nullify the social contract.

Every man for himself after that is entirely predictable.

The country is already sunk… it’s just taking a while to sink in.

And yeah, the bank bailouts have created the ultimate moral hazard.

The big disappointment is that we didn’t march en masse to the Dáil and order our government to either tell the EU to take their own bank losses, or we’d tell them ourselves.

Instead we’re focussing our efforts on how to screw each other.

+1. It’s time to take the fight to them. The pumped up election manifests about change in our dear country have now vanished with the party posters. Already, our new government have back peddled on the ministerial car / salary changes and now the removal of privilege days from the civil services seems to be a dead duck. I have come to the conclusion now that REAL change will only happen if the normal Joe’s & Josephine’s of this country completely kick against the grain. It will have to be a major movement whether by violent or peaceful means but it has to be against the status quo laid down across this country.

On a personal angle, I will not accept punishment for a crime I did not commit. I’m 37 years of age & never borrowed one single penny for any bank in this country. I was raised by my parents to live within my means and that I have done to the extent that my wife & 2 kids have lived in a 2 bed inherited shoebox for the last 6 years saving to purchase a more suitable home. In my mind, My family has already sacrificed for our goal and f**k it if we are to sacrifice more for those that could not live within their own means over the last number of years.

I just hope that we are now nearing the stage where those that are in a similar mind frame to me are getting sick & tired of being sick & tired as it is only at this point will a major movement kick off.

Seriously, who is actually paying any heed to this guy?
I looked at his first post in 2007 to see what all the fuss was about, and he was predicting a soft landing. :sick:

That’s the point of this whole thread.

It’s 2Gaffs’ Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

The prodigal son has returned!

Pull up a seat and feast on some fatted calf!

I think he’s gonna give us a tune!

Rather than attempt to argue or debate the OP of this thread, I’ve decided instead to simply post some of his well thought out, reasoned arguments from 2007 about why there won’t be a crash and let people decide for themselves. Here are 2 of my favourites. 8DD

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:53 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:31 pm

Classic stuff eh :laughing: :laughing:

Lol, I was getting him confused with 2pack. Two very different characters it seems.

So the updated message sounds like it is: “prices won’t drop (oops) but if they do you should just walk away from your debts”.

Hey 2Gaffs,

Can you let us know when you start recommending precious metals to your friends.

I’m always on the lookout for a good contrary indicator.

good man yourself,

PMBF

In fairness to 2gaffs he has the balls to post again. His previous posts were merely indictive of the mood in this country at that time and there are a lot of people still in denial. He hasn’t advocated walking away from your debts - he’s merely saying it like it is. Morgan Kelly made the same prediction here:

irishtimes.com/newspaper/opi … 65400.html

Yet Morgan Kelly is held in high regard is he not?

The message is the same - continue to service a mortgage that you can’t afford - or live and accept the inevitable.

I would agree, except we are now the banks. Every bit of fraud committed against the banks will be paid for by children and sick people.

Which fraud - where?