What they said, when they said it. Quotes from VIs.

perfect timing for FF with the election just round the corner!

Thats a mighty interview…here’s some more:

Perhaps they should commit suicide!

He’s some tool

Christ! :sick:
Fianna Failed.
Fail once. No matter. Bailed out by citizens.
Fianna Failed again. Fail better.

… still Failed though. That’s what I’m saying.
Let’s not lose sight of the enormous amount of Failing. :-GC

newstalk.com/election2016/Fianna-Fil-says-young-people-need-assistance-when-buying-homes

Rinse and repeat

“There is no system more broken than the system of housing in this country. The system is completely broken and needs to be re-built.”

Ah c’mon, the health system is pretty bad now in fairness.

The department of justice and Gardai

As far as I can see every department is dysfunctional apart from revenue who seem reasonably efficient at their jobs.

That depends. I know their work practices, if they were efficient there would be a major backlash against them, they just work on low hanging fruit. When compared with tax authorities in other countries they are relatively quick and efficient to deal with, that’s not setting the bar too high.

We’ve been through a national emergency according to a retired judge in the IrishTimes
“During the national emergency following the economic crash, Mr White’s salary and pension were significantly reduced…”

Karl Dither …sorry Deeter …tying himself up in knots restating the supply problem.

On the one hand he talks about “The hard-pressed parents” …on the other hand he tells us their gaff is rising “60 times the rate of annual inflation”
and then “Which proves that to get ahead it always helps to work hard - and have rich parents” …which is it Karl “hard pressed” or “rich”?

Seriously …I know it’s the Indo …but has anyone any idea what this mouth piece is saying in this piece?

independent.ie/business/pers … 69757.html

“We are not a landlord’s party” - Fine Gael Senator Paudie Coffey, minister for housing 2014-2016, speaking on Housing Bill in Seanad 21/12/16

COFFEY, Paudie (Waterford)
4. Land (including property) …
(1) Dwelling house, Upper Brown St., Portlaw, Co. Waterford: Rented to niece.
(2) 20% share in Clodagh Enterprise Property, The Square, Portlaw, Co.Waterford: rented houses + apts.

Fill yer boots with bank shares hey hey!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=66564

Brendan Burgess

Finally a bit of honesty from the leader of Fine Gael.

But really, has anything actually changed?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3NeH36WAAECd1T.jpg:small

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dermot Bannon: ‘Irish people have an unhealthy obsession with property’
independent.ie/life/home-gar … 15468.html

UK does a Richard Bruton
“The housing market is broken” - Sajid Javid, UK Communities Secretary

But at least it looks like they are going to do something about it.

Landowners face losing planning permission in government crackdown -
ft.com/content/fa2edecb-cc3 … 5a9403b115

They’ve actually got as far as a white paper.

As for the cretins that run our place - I’m still looking at the skeletal apartment block that graces the entrance to the Sandyford Industrial Estate - uncompleted for a decade - for most of which there has been a housing crisis in Dublin. Get your ****ing figures out, start doing and stop talking.

“I wanted to be an architect for a long time when I was at school”
- Simon Coveney, Minister for Housing, Planning & Local Government, Architecture Ireland Cork journal launch, 10/04/17

Auctoneer predicts the boom is getting boomeir and the game is back on.

HPs to outstrip levels seen in 2007. crisis over lads.

breakingnews.ie/ireland/auct … 04383.html

DOUBLE BOOM GOOD!

It’s been awhile since we’ve seen the generic photo of a cluster of for sale signs, in this context is a bad sign. :angry: