Will Ireland's corporation tax survive?

The government will never sell its soul to you, what they want is you to sell your soul to them.

I’ll translate,
Govt. = The people
Therefore People through their Govt. had sold their souls to Google
Therefore Google have used that to make their accounting shenanigans legal (if not moral)
Therefore we the people have allowed our Govt. to be bamboozled by large multi nationals because we have idiots in charge. The reason for this is probably to do with our own laziness, stupidity, lack of patriotism,short termism… etc etc.

A campaign to convince multi-national companies operating in Australia to pay their fair share of tax.

Last night’s winning Pitch from Banjo Advertising.

facebook.com/gruenhq/videos … 476897588/

Many of the commentaries I read on the German economy refer to a massive underspend on infrastructure (i.e. Thing are starting to crumble) which is starting to impact their long term competitive position.

Let’s not talk about the problems in their Pension/banking industry. There is a reason why German is desperate for asylum seekers.

Germany is not desperate for asylum seekers. They can attract millions of skilled young Europeans.

And you think a whole chunk of illiterate African and Middle eastern asylum seekers will solve that problem ?

Germany needs educated, skilled immigrants.
What are they getting ?

Over 80% of asylum seekers in Germany unqualified

And now throw Islam into the mix.

It’s blindingly obvious how this is going to end up and resolving Germany’s pension and banking crisis is not it.

Links? I really haven’t seen that myself.

See mr_anderson’s post. I think this is a rather inaccurate reading of the situation.

Ireland: Apple’s foreign tax rate rises to 6% from 2% in 2012

Do you work in a multinational by any chance?

Irish Kellogg unit pays zero tax from €1.3bn of European sales

irishtimes.com/business/agri … -1.2417416

A question on Google

economic-incentives.blogspot.ie/ … oogle.html

independent.ie/business/worl … 79278.html

BTW, Amazon opened a London region for AWS last week. Not sure if server location plays a part in corp tax residency but it’s one less reason for companies to run infrastructure from Ireland.

Enda Kenny at Davos “rejected the idea that Ireland was a tax haven for Apple.”

Love the pic the Irish Times used:

Hope HMRC go after FakeBook next …

theguardian.com/global/2015/ … ff-bonuses

Interesting article you linked that comment to.

UK tax law allows companies to deduct the cost of “share bonus schemes” in calculating their taxable profits. Many other countries, including Ireland, do not. (I know Ireland allows intercompany recharges but these then give rise to taxable profits elsewhere), so this is as much about tax policy as anything.

Also, the UK tax deduction is only available when the employee pays tax on the share bonus scheme so focussing on the company is only looking at a half the picture.

rte.ie/news/2016/0123/762384-google-tax/
Does 130m stg not seem like petty cash for a company as large as google who are happy to pay 1bn to get their search engine as default search engine on apple.

Yeah it was a throw away comment …I can’t stand fakebook…I wish them every corp pain imaginable. …a little dork writes some code to essentially handle pictures and text …ffs! …This is the ed sheeran and edel of the computing world…popular? … yes …interesting? …no.

Anyway…You sound knowledgeable the corp tax area

What’s your thoughts on the recent google news or the pending apple news, specifically impact to Ireland?

fakebook expanding its fakeness

independent.ie/business/tech … 92817.html

“about 2bn photographs a day, or about 25,000 photos every single second”

ah …and to think not long ago it was a social faux pas to share your holiday snaps.

Some day building datacentres in Ireland might be seen as crazy as building golf courses in the desert.
The only input they need is power and the only native power Ireland has is Peat which will be exhausted soon, very limited hydro and intermittent wind.
The new source of Gas off the west coast can be better used elsewhere.
Norway with its immense hydro resources would be better placed to take this business if it weren’t for their socialsit taxing model.
Don’t fibre networks run at the speed of light; in which case Norway isn’t so far away.
If Ireland had a nuclear industry where you effectively get the electricity for free once costs are sunk then Ireland might make sense but would you build a nuclear plant to win this business? No thanks, do without.