WIW: 1&6 Cloister Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Two Blackrock houses on same road put on the market within a couple of weeks of each other. One looking to undercut the other. Both sellers obvisouly bonkers, judging by the price…

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/1617278

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … th/1614048

No. 6 suffers has more room but it has the worst extension I’ve ever seen. If I bought this, I’d be ripping the extension out and putting in something decent.

Could get interesting though. What do the pinsters think they’re worth?

Both will sell close to ask. Appeal to a lot of people as no significant investment past purchase. Not looking at a 300k period hole, nice area etc.

Worth above 400 any day of the week - will certainly move at these levels.

“worst extension ever”?

Really?

Doubt the 625K house will move. There was a similar house in the same estate asking around 580K and was on the market at that price for several months.

I’d say #1 will see a bit of interest, but might go for around the 500k mark.

It at least has a small, grassy, south-facing garden out the back, unlike #6 which looks like it has a very small paved area.
(#6 has a small garage out back but much as I’d love a man-cave I’d rather the garden…)

Nice residential estate, good school nearby, suit the nesters out there. :slight_smile:

1 Cloister Ave has a sold sign outside, didn’t see any sale agreed sign go up. Number 6 still available!

#6 now includes a granted planning permission for a ground floor and first floor extension in the side.
Asking 550k.
myhome.ie/1614048

Cheaper to buy a house with the extension already completed.

However given the lack of stock that might be more difficult than it was 6 months ago.