WIW 19 Green Road, Blackrock

33% increase in 14 months between actual price paid and current asking price for nearly identical houses…

Would someone really pay a price that is 33% higher than 14 months ago? I thought the PPR would help prevent this kind of madness…

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2505038
asking €775k

myhome.ie/priceregister/11-g … ublin-3664
sold €585k

Semi vs Terraced and a longer garden (with a garage) for no. 19 definitely allows for some of the price premium over no. 11.

The price for the other house was unusual think owner was desperate to sell.

It was on sale for a long time, to be fair, with a bunch of price drops if I recall. They got what they could.

Garage is a nice addition to this new one alright. Lot of work to be done.

Why do you reckon it needs a lot of work?

I saw the other house and thought it was very nice, in top notch condition with a nice extension and garden. It was on the market a long time though and they sold right at the bottom.

also number 19 is bigger with off street parking and is semi detached so in today’s market I think that no 19 will go for close to asking, although it looks expensive compared to number 11.

It definitely needs some work but I wouldn’t include this in the category of massive. Most urgently the kitchen and breakfast room need sorting out and you could add a small extension at the same time if minded. It needs new wardrobes and bathrooms. All of this work could be done to the house when living in it.

Some people would of ourselves gut it and retire, renew heating etc etc. But I don’t think it urgently requires that.

Main thing is Green road is a top notch location IMO. It is in a quiet street with a village atmosphere but walking distance from four or so primary schools, a similar number of secondary schools, the shops and pubs in Blackrock village and the dart.

Actually, looking at what I wrote yesterday I’m not sure where I was coming from. Maybe I had a different house open in another tab!

There are obvious things that need sorting out it seems toward the kitchen end of things, and a BER of G means at least insulation everywhere and maybe a new boiler/piping. I guess other than that nothing obvious. Garden orientation not the best, but you’d get some decent evening sun for BBQs (dream on!) which is more important than morning sun in my book.

Yes, I was putting the things that need sorting at about €25-30k. Dont love having a driveway in common with the neighbours. I’d prefer it cordoned off.

The fact you have a driveway at all, not to mention a garage puts you apart from most of the houses on that side of the street. Parking can be crowded there.

Nice house with some issues that may not need immediate attention.

#11 was probably in better condition, but #19 has the benefit of a slightly wider and slightly longer garden.
The shared driveway is a bonus too. But these two benefits coupled with the building works required don’t warrant the c200k premium, maybe 50k could be justified.

The return seems to have had subsidence - evident from the slanted floor in the back bed-room.
Pending an engineers survey - some underpinning may be required, particularly if a kitchen extension is undertaken.
The brickwork to rear has water damage - requires re-pointing
The kitchen lean to extension was built very basically.
The rooms are well proportioned - though its a pity that due to the aspect, the return is blocking light into the rear windows.
The bathroom facilities needs updating.

Interesting to see what this goes for.

Nice house with some issues that may not need immediate attention.

#11 was probably in better condition, but #19 has the benefit of a slightly wider and slightly longer garden.
The shared driveway is a bonus too. But these two benefits coupled with the building works required don’t warrant the c200k premium, maybe 50k could be justified.

The return seems to have had subsidence - evident from the slanted floor in the back bed-room.
Pending an engineers survey - some underpinning may be required, particularly if a kitchen extension is undertaken.
The brickwork to rear has water damage - requires re-pointing
The kitchen lean to extension was built very basically.

The rooms are well proportioned - though its a pity that due to the aspect, the return is blocking light into the rear windows.
The bathroom facilities needs updating.

Interesting to see what it goes for.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2602562

This disappeared from My Home.ie for a few weeks but is back now with a new asking price of €895K = approx. 14% increase; what’s the story??

Noticed that too - very strange. It is now looking extremely pricey indeed, particularly in view of the fact that not in tip top condition. IMO there is a lot of activity and price inflation in Blackrock at the €400-600k level. However places priced significantly above this are proving much more difficult to move.

The email I got from the agent is entitled “SALE FALL THROUGH”. 14% increase wow!

that’s a very odd strategy - sale agreed falls through so put it back on with 14% increase? Good luck to them I don’t think it’s worth it and like Mocame commented there do seem to be alot of houses over the €650k mark lingering in the Blackrock area…

sale agreed last month but now seems to be unagreed and back on the market?

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2602562

anyone know what the story is?

sale agreed again…had my eye on it but got pipped.

If my translation is correct, I believe this is the Register listing for this one:www.propertypriceregister.ie