WIW 3 Pembroke Park, Ballsbridge.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -4/2201146

this is one of my favourite roads. Needs a lot doing to it and seems to have a disappointingly small back garden. Love how they left what I assume is the alter from the deceased occupants wake in place for the photos :open_mouth:

That’d be quite an elaborate set up for a wake, what with the Orthodox icons on the walls etc. :smiley:
A bit of Googling reveals it was the home of a Catholic charismatic prayer group. (The name of the house is a bit of a giveaway too).

Ahhh right, not so creepy so!
WIW then?

Well, 400/sq.ft. seems a bit pricey for a fixer upper, but then I am constantly amazed by D4 prices. Only tip I can offer is that buying it to rent to a prayer group is probably not a winning business proposition. :smiley:

Way creepier if you ask me! :laughing:

Still, an interesting little piece of cultural history - charismatic renewal groups were all the rage in early to mid 1970s in the heady days of post Vatican 2.

irishtimes.com/newspaper/pro … 99551.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_C … ic_Renewal

i see this is now sale agreed, anyone hear the level?

Just short of the asking price (€930-€940k range)

Ingleside 33 pembroke park now at & €1500k

Ingleside Sale agreed at €1,450k according to rumour

Makes the price for number 3 seem very reasonable… bargains to be had still in D4 for people with the cash and inclination to renovate, it seems. However number 6 Pembroke Park now on at Euro 1.1mill… seems steep but we’ll see

Bidding already at asking on this according to EA.

Not surprised, while the garden faces the wrong way, it has a decent garden which the other houses recently sold on the west side do not.

7 Pembroke Park, Sale agreed (last asking €1,650).

Very similar house (and condition) to Ingleside (33) which sold for €1450k 2-3 months ago.

This will be one to watch in the register.

Sale on No 7 has fallen through.

6 sold for 1.19

myhome.ie/priceregister/6-pe … n-4-278371

Not on the PPR yet

looks like a dump but better value than no 6 St Marys Road at €1.7625m
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46685&start=30

propertypriceregisterireland.com … allsbridge

I pity the fool who bought that dump !

16A Pembroke Park sold on 20-12-13 for €750k

7 Pembroke Park sold 16-1-14 for €1,605k

Damn, you could have bought #6, completely renovated the place to your own personal taste, enjoyed the permanent benefit of a much bigger garden and still be left with a chunk of change to give to the various people who helped you buy it !