WIW 35 Mulgrave Street, Dun Laoghaire

Hi ya, i’d be interested to hear what folks think this is worth?

The lay-out is a bit weird with the living rrom in the centre and the light coming from skylights?, would i be off the mark if i said that this place is worth €200k tops?

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/1583864

€560 per square foot!

I think this could fetch in the region of €250k if they drop the asking price enough to sell it this season. It will need to be a substantial drop; the present ask will only appeal to buyers who have at least €325k to spend, and they’ll be looking for a lot more house for their money.

This certainly has drawbacks, the lack of parking being a huge one, but I think it’s got a fine location, is ok in size and is quite nice inside.

For me, in today’s market this will probably go for around €280k if they’re willing to countenance that. When you consider there are people asking nearly €300k for terraced ex-corpo properties in Sallynoggin, this price begins to look less mad.

Further down that same street, Sherry Fitzgerald recently sold a similar (though a fair bit larger) property very quickly that was priced at €475k.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/1417747

irishpropertywatch.com/viewS … ite=myhome

Throwing number 40 in the mix:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27907

I think 280 for 35 not far of the mark. 200 for 40 given the work required.

Seems to be knocking around for quite some time

independent.ie/lifestyle/pro … 79468.html

Seeing that 35 is only half a house 200k more on the mark. Appartment size without the benefit of designated parking.

I was thinking the same given the size of the place. Can’t see anyone other than a single person or a couple who aren’t planning on expanding in the near future living here.

If i thought there wasn’t too much involved, i’d be looking at this place…probably needs heating, rewiring, etc etc

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -8/1588776

This seems like an underestimation if what Letron said is correct:

Edit: my mistake, should have read more closely, didn’t realise we were talking about somewhere in SCR all of a sudden. Scratch that - you’re absolutely right about the SCR place being 200 tops. Don’t think it’s even relevant.

A lot of the houses in that ‘enclave’ (excuse the EA speak) are in similar shape - this is the cheapest one I have seen. Roof probably needs a look as well (the flat roof extension for sure), the bathroom is probably in the extension which leaves you with the fab 3 room + stairs trek for a pee unless you move it (more expense) - presumably it’s to all intents & purposes identical to this renovated version myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -8/1373280?

I have no idea what number 1 sold for in the end…presumably because it went so quickly it must have been over €400k. I’m just guessing.

No. 1 does have rear access, which you may or may not be able to use as a parking (though it looks tightish). However, while this can be construed as a realadvantage, the rear lane running behind number 1 is a well-known site for messing and drinking. So swings and roundabouts.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay near €300k for number 35. But if number 1 has gone at the price it seems to have, I can easily see number 35 going for up to €300k.

Now that I think of it…would the actual selling price of number 1 be on the list that Sherry Fitz published not long ago?

Nice brainwave. I checked it out - but not before looking at no.1 on Google streetview. It’s not a semi-detached, it’s end of terrace. And the Sherry Fitz selling price list shows a 3-bed terraced house in Dun Laoghaire that sold for €422,000 (sherryfitzgerald.files.wordpress.com…5.pdf). That would fit with the asking price of €475k.