WIW - 47 Park Drive, Ranelagh, Dublin 6.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -6/1609166

Opinions appreciated.

No house that I have seen sell in the last 6 months has realised the requested 470 per square foot.

Subtract the Sherry Fitzgerald unjustified price uplift (because we think we are worth it).

Similar style but much bigger house, albeit needing some decoration - myhome.ie/residential/brochu … ar/1589493 46 Orwell Park, Rathgar - going for the same asking price but will accept less.

So use a realistic price benchmark of 340-380 per square foot you get a price in the range of 870,000 and 1,000,000.

Allow for other factors - perhaps need to sell, length of time on the market, other house prices in the area - amd pick your opening offer.

Holy mother of over priced, badly designed back garden build batman.

€750k - and it would be pricy at that. 1.2m yoyo’s gets you your pick today.

On the brink of EZ failure, Greece default and a killer budget - ah yah, Paddyknowsbetterwinkwink.

Poor design factors in my pricing. 340-380 should get a sound character filled property. You couldn’t get character fill here if you tipped the residents of McSorelys (sic) through the front door.

Very different house, but this 4-bed in turn key condition on Marlborough Road is asking €925,000:

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … ook/347948

Also on Marlborough Road, a full-on trophy redbrick asking €1.175m, with off street parking:

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -4/1495502

I think both of those pricings - on what is probably the premium road in Ranelagh - make a bit of a nonsense of this one at €1.25m.

jesus christ, what’s with the steps leading up to the bed??

are the current residents deflowering virgins on a regular basis? or is it so that they can get better camera angles…?

Unique design taste I’ll give it that talk about putting themselves on a pedestal!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

know this gaff very well. Big hulabaloo when they built it as a Dormer Bungalow to get planning permission. . The land and garden itself is actually really nice and private and still a good size. But interior is unique to say the least. Unless this is a need to sell cannot see them accepting less than 900k - such is the delusion. Certainly not a patch on those Malborough Rd pads though Larry.

Even at the peak of the market, this house may have struggle to reach this price.

Very average house looking for trophy D4 price.

find that hard to believe considering some of the places that got 1M+ around there at the peak…

I would take 47 Park Drive over those “trophy” glorified terraced houses on Marlborough Road any day.

Refresh the carpets and some of the paintwork and you have a big, detached house with a sunny garden and a big private driveway to fill with cars.

And I’m not a D6 head, either!

There were plenty of fools during the boom (myself included).

This house is nothing more than a new build with little character in a good location.

Am a bit over this idea of what it means here to have a house with character.

I have always found it to equate with extremely overpriced 100 year old shiteholes, and lets face it, most houses in Dublin with so called charm and character are total dumps …

I shudder when I read that a house has “character” these days - as the term is now firmly in Irish EA lexicon and is almost always used as a means to extract a premium price for a typically wholly unsuitable house that is in a dire state of repair and will usually require an endless supply of money being poured into it over the term of its occupancy.

Give me a 20 year old house with open living areas any day!!!

Saw this a few months ago and was advised by EA that offer was received and due to be accepted. I believe 1.1m. If true, odd that there is still no sale officially agreed and that it’s still viewing. Upstairs I thought was very disappointing with limited space and not much room for reconstruction due to design.

Ranelagh is so 2010.

Ranelagh? Never heard of it.

Possibly the best post ever.

:smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

It’s just north east of Knocklyon.