WIW 8 Holmpatrick Skerries

I don’t know Skerries at all but this one caught my eye just for its garden and sea view. Anyone any insights on the area?
Handy to have a bus stop outside the door too but would this road ever flood?

Skerries is OK, I used to be a rep and called to an address in Holmpatrick, its central and all that, but WTF is that price about €375k? Unless you want to live in skerries?

There are tonnes of houses in nicer places closer to the city all over Daft etc for cheaper with same specs

Thanks Bjorn, I’ve no particular affection for Skerries. I’m grasping a bit out of frustration at rising asking prices elsewhere. House itself is so so but the garden is nice and seaside location looks appealing.

Where would be similar but better value and/or in a better location? (I’m not saying you’re wrong, just wondering where you’re thinking of in particular)

Well keeping in on the Northside, there are 3/4 bed houses that have sold in Bayside, Baldoyle, Raheny, Artane, Sutton, Portmarnock, Malahide etc that you would get for €375,000

propertypriceregister.ie/web … enDocument

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 13/2576707

There are tonnes of exmples in the areas above, another house sold on Alden drive for €336,000 it’s on the PPR

I still think these prices will fall again from the little upturn they have taken

People pay for the obsession with the south side, biggest shower of wanna bes and vacuous lifestyle muppets. Northsiders aren’t any better but at least they know that and the Hill is fun these days!

Inneresting - thanks.
Reckon Sutton is probably preferable to Skerries given its proximity to the DART. Although if you don’t need to be in town regularly then maybe it doesn’t make a big difference. Traffic can be mad around Sutton Cross but I suppose traffic is bad in most places worth living.

Sale agreed - very quickly. Personally I’m not surprised.

Yes because we all know sale agreed is sold!

Well it did end up sold and for €45k over asking.

propertypriceregister.ie/We … enDocument

Where is Bjorn these days?