WIW 84 Devenish Road, Kimmage

Hi,

Anyone any comments on what this area is like?

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 6w/2150464

Hailey

don’t know a whole lot about that area but i don’t think it’s too bad

here are 3 properties a bit closer to town and all under 250k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -6/1966795
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -6/2054677
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 6w/2073595

with your budget and looking in this part of sth dublin, i’d go for that general area between kimmage, harolds x and terenure. Nice and quiet, off the main roads, but close to town and amenities.

thanks but some these look like they need a bit of work before you could even live in them. Its either buy with max budget and move in with nothing to do or buy below budget (but liveable for the interim) :confused: with a bit of work to do over time

Best thing to do is go for a drive up around the area, it wouldn’t be my cup of tea and it’s very close to some pretty rough areas - I think the price reflects the location (and size) of course.

Close to a few rough areas but this particular road is quite quiet and secluded. The houses are tiny though so I don’t know if that price offers much value.

I used own a house on the road. Devenish always one of the more expensive roads in crumlin . Houses are really solid. Always thought it was quiet road. It seems a bit pricey to me relative to other parts of crumlin. I bought house there for73k punts in 1996.
Lark field is more desirable and has a d6w postcode which is worth something. Not sure if houses in lark field are going for that much more

Devenish is a strange border area - neither Crumlin nor Kimmage ,yet both. I know the border line between D12 and D6W is within yards of this house nd I don’t know which side of the postal boundary it is (they’re changing in a few years anyway). Good shops like superQuinn almost next door and a fit persons walk into the city. And it’s not a “rouigh” area.Even the cheaper more barren roads further north don’t have that bad a reputation.All quite settled nowadays.
But …

Look, Hailey, I know you 're on a tight budget but this place is really small for a house. There are cheaper ones nearby with a similar small size -and across Sundrive Rd in Sundrive Park there’s a much larger one for little more.

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=586313

• Quiet road, very close to Luas, good community feel with a mix of older residents and younger families, has been on the market for a while, bigger than the houses you’ve posted
  • Needs work, north facing back garden which backs onto Luas line linear park

thanks for the great feedback, its really helping me decide what is for me and whats not and saving me wasting my time viewing these places! Rialto though I would diffinately be uncomfortable with. Probably as I’m just not used to the area at all… :question: