Your Brexit Contiengcy planning, do you even have any?

No matter about the economy, what is important for many on here will be that brave little Ireland held onto the gospel of the holy backstop even as we disappeared below the waves.

Brexit is going to be the new Lehman Brothers. Whatever goes títs up for the next five years will be blamed on Brexit, not just here and UK but everywhere in the world. Argentine peso in freefall? That’s Brexit. Break up of the USA? Blame Brexit. Collapse of major Chinese banks? Definitely caused by Brexit. Wherever an excuse is required, get your Brexit blame ready, it’s not hard to do

Any word yet on what Pascal has planned for September/October? Might we see an early budget in the light of recent ominous events?

A post was split to a new topic: 3 Years, 2 months & 8 days later, Irish Government still not prepared for Brexit

Back on topic…I plan to stock up on flour to make bread as no doubt the shelves will empty just like when Emma struck two years ago, except this time i can see it being weeks instead of days with no bread - the horror!
I reckon we should be good for meat so will empty the freezer of that and fill up instead with frozen veggies. And toilet roll.

Whirlpool’s Brexit contiengcy plan went up in smoke!

I live walking distance from the border and I have no plans.
None of my neighbours have plans.

I know of a few business owners who have started shell companies in the north in case they become useful.

We truly are governed by imbeciles

So its ok for the Irish government to now propose mobile trade checks as a border solution but it is totally unacceptable for the UK to have proposed the same thing or to propose a trusted trader system or an electronic solution.

The hypocrisy is outstanding.

Mobile trade checks are hardly what the Irish government want but clear they will have to do that and more in a no-deal situation.
This should be patently obvious to everyone be the most ardent brexiteers. I had said the Irish government was gaslighting us on the implications of a no-deal a few months ago but maybe they are as thick as the brexiteers.

Helen McEntee sounded hoarse and tired on the Tonight Show last night. Coveney is scrambling about and Leo is invisible. They must be s******* themselves.

So its ok for the Irish government to now propose mobile trade checks as a border solution but it is totally unacceptable for the UK to have proposed the same thing or to propose a trusted trader system or an electronic solution.

The hypocrisy is outstanding.

Honestly are you thick? It is “acceptable” in the same way that if you are forced to kill your children, you are likely to prefer to give them a quick death rather than cover them in petrol and set them on fire.

However the bit you seem to have difficulty grasping is that killing your own children is not something most people enthusiastically agree to do - nor should you be expecting that they do so.

MOD WARNING: This opening reply schtick is beyond tiresome at this point, particularly in the Brexit threads, but it is also way out of order, nor is it acceptable engagement - Give it up.

As if by magic…he appears!

If we’re running with ridiculous analogies then currently most Irish people are sitting on the Florida shore with a hurricane incoming. But rather than begin the preparations, the faith-infused ideologues who have control of governing the State of Florida have chosen to censor weather forecasts on the basis that such forecasts may cause panic.

Instead they are running endless public service announcements which highlight the likelihood of hurricanes being caused by global warming…and pointing to who, through their actions, may have contributed to said global warming.

All so that they can ultimately say " it was those guys that caused your childrens deaths"…from a safe place far from the eye of the storm. Of course their own children are at boarding school in Switzerland.

To me, this says the EU and the Irish government have accepted there’ll be no deal and no extension come 31 October, so now they have to implement the unimplementable - a hard border with no infrastructure.

I would laugh if the UK government turned around and told the Irish government and the EU that no, they could not implement any border checks methods if they ever wanted a FTA with the UK since that would be a “hard border” in breach of the GFA. Instead the ROI would have to sign off on a mechanism, lets call it a “stopback” for arguments sake, under which the ROI would have to stay in customs and regulatory alignment with NI until the UK was satisfied that they could leave it.

Really? You’d laugh at that?
I don’t understand the desire to follow the UK into the choppy waters of isolation. It smacks of “if your friend jumped off a cliff, would you?” Clearly the answer for some people is “yes”.