Board index » The Property Pin Website - Open Development » The Property Pin Website Open Development Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Open Consultation - Forum Rejig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 pm 
Nationalised

Location: Over Macho Grande? I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande...
Hobbesian World View wrote:
I think bannings should be voted on first by forum elders.

Keep on topic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:32 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

The Unwelcome Guest wrote:
Dear all, whilst there is a long run project to reorganise the 'pin into something more userfriendly and perhaps even a bit more targeted in terms of the new parameters of debate on the site, I'm proposing in the interim, users would give their views here about what sort of sub forums, they would like to see...

Not suggesting any of the ideas will be incorporated as it is not my project but it would be interesting to get to hear some concrete proposals for realigning the various sections of the forum from the people who use them most!

Fire at will...

Can the owners give some sort of preamble as to what direction they see the site going, and what is there vision (if one) for the future?, Focusing on purpose if applicable,

We are experiencing the most profound global economic crisis in seventy years. As Martin Wolf observed in the Financial Times on January 7, this is the year in which the fate of the world economy will be determined, maybe for generations. Hopes that the globally unbalanced growth of the middle years of the decade can be restored are mistaken. The only question is about what will replace it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:37 pm 
Nationalised

superpiper wrote:
Can the owners give some sort of preamble as to what direction they see the site going, and what is there vision (if one) for the future?, Focusing on purpose if applicable,

Who are the owners?!? :nin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:52 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

The Central Bank is a bit cluttered these days, given the shifting ration bewteen economic and property topics.

How about splitting out the CB into a few new sub forums to make . e.g. Property, Markets, Industrial Relations, Political Commmentary, International Events etc and of course the Piston

That list is not cast in stone, I think we need to try to anticipate the trend in news & discussions going forward, ideally no one forum should become too top heavy, the pin is a broad church covering a broad range of topics these days, and the scope of the forums should probably reflect this. It would also be more helpful for newbies to find their prefered topics quickly and (here's one for the mods) it might reduce the amount of posts that need to be moved if there is a more streamlined and focused set of forums.

Oh and how about a slider in the signiature that indicates where you stand sociopoliticoeconomically :x Here's one I made earlier just for you TUG 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Dear all, whilst there is a long run project to reorganise the 'pin into something more userfriendly and perhaps even a bit more targeted in terms of the new parameters of debate on the site, I'm proposing in the interim, users would give their views here about what sort of sub forums, they would like to see...

Not suggesting any of the ideas will be incorporated as it is not my project but it would be interesting to get to hear some concrete proposals for realigning the various sections of the forum from the people who use them most!

Fire at will...

The central bank should be split between domestic and international.

The rest of the country price drops should be split (provinces rather than counties)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:55 pm 
Nationalised

Ozzy wrote:
Oh and how about a slider in the signature that indicates where you stand sociopoliticoeconomically :x Here's one I made earlier just for you TUG 8)

Replace Stalin with:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm 
Property Magnate

How about a whole section about jobs, getting people back to work and setting up your own business.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Replace Stalin with:
but Stalin kicked his ass :x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm 
Nationalised

Eirmail wrote:
How about a whole section about jobs, getting people back to work and setting up your own business.

Pin'll fix it for you?!? I always pictured OW as looking a bit like Jimmy Saville later on in life... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Dreaded_Estate wrote:
StoppedClock wrote:
I would like the link to last post to be available to the Piston

It is down at the bottom of the latest posts page

But AFAICT it doesn't have a link to last post, you have to remember where you were withing the thread.

The spacecraft has apparently been taken over 'conquered' if you will by a master race of giant space ants. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive earth men or merely enslave them. One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:34 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

You should restrict the opening of new threads to senior members or on request to a Mod.

There are far too many threads started which are well covered elsewhere, but which newer members are not aware of and don't use the search function.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:40 pm 
Too Big to Fail

onlyone wrote:
You should restrict the opening of new threads to senior members or on request to a Mod.

There are far too many threads started which are well covered elsewhere, but which newer members are not aware of and don't use the search function.

I'm not sure we would be able to process requests quick enough to make the forum work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:43 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Dreaded_Estate wrote:
onlyone wrote:

I'm not sure we would be able to process requests quick enough to make the forum work.

Then restrict opening of new threads to posters with 200+ posts. Seen that on a few sites.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:30 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

I'd like to see a sub forum for agents, valuers etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:42 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

[post deleted]

Last edited by Hobbesian World View on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » The Property Pin Website - Open Development » The Property Pin Website Open Development Forum