Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Apr 2, 2008
Posts: 2054
Location: Cork and Kerry
irish_bob wrote:
what do you do with an estate agent who is promising you one thing only to have the client solicitor deny outright the said auctioneer has said

im trying to buy another BTL at the moment and the place has no proper map , apparently im being unreasonable in wanting a reduction in price , will cost me a grand plus to get a surveyor to map the place , have to put first reg on it too


Consider walking away if you don't have local knowledge and personal influence.
Title battles appearing out of fresh air after you have transferred finds could be hurtful to your wellbeing.

_________________
There is a reality other than the one we are told about...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 2128
irish_bob wrote:
what do you do with an estate agent who is promising you one thing only to have the client solicitor deny outright the said auctioneer has said

im trying to buy another BTL at the moment and the place has no proper map , apparently im being unreasonable in wanting a reduction in price , will cost me a grand plus to get a surveyor to map the place , have to put first reg on it too

Land registry map costs circa €300 - ask the vendor to provide.

As this is a sellers marker, they force you into a position where you have a decision to make.


Last edited by Luan on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 2128
wii4miinow wrote:
irish_bob wrote:
what do you do with an estate agent who is promising you one thing only to have the client solicitor deny outright the said auctioneer has said

im trying to buy another BTL at the moment and the place has no proper map , apparently im being unreasonable in wanting a reduction in price , will cost me a grand plus to get a surveyor to map the place , have to put first reg on it too


Consider walking away if you don't have local knowledge and personal influence.
Title battles appearing out of fresh air after you have transferred finds could be hurtful to your wellbeing.

Any property those title was previously registry with the Registry of Deeds now needs to be registered with the Land Registry. This process is not particularly involved but does require whoever is registrying the title to present a Land Registry compliant map.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Aug 26, 2012
Posts: 281
Luan wrote:
wii4miinow wrote:
irish_bob wrote:
what do you do with an estate agent who is promising you one thing only to have the client solicitor deny outright the said auctioneer has said

im trying to buy another BTL at the moment and the place has no proper map , apparently im being unreasonable in wanting a reduction in price , will cost me a grand plus to get a surveyor to map the place , have to put first reg on it too


Consider walking away if you don't have local knowledge and personal influence.
Title battles appearing out of fresh air after you have transferred finds could be hurtful to your wellbeing.

Any property those title was previously registry with the Registry of Deeds now needs to be registered with the Land Registry. This process is not particularly involved but does require whoever is registrying the title to present a Land Registry compliant map.


im aware of that and for some reason or other when i asked for a 3% discount ( post sale agreed ) for having to put first registration on the property , the vendor agreed

getting a map as a basis for putting first registration is now the problem , spoke to a geomatics surveyor and he said worst case scenario it could cost up to 1500 quid to map the place but said he only ever seen that once , he said the missing map is potentially hiding a boundary dispute of some kind , i asked him outright if we start out with nothing , can we get a map prepared which will satisfy the land registry and he said that is not what hes afraid of , he reckons either they are too amateurish to bother getting a map or are trying to hide a boundary dispute

house is really cheap but would be anyway due to the fact it flooded in 2014 , significant flood prevention measures were taken in the area since however and more are planned , house was fully dry lined and re wired , its perfect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 2128
To be fair they have given you a 3% discount because you are taking responsibility for completing first Land Registy registration.

Had I given you that discount - the cost of providing the map would be your problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Aug 26, 2012
Posts: 281
Luan wrote:
To be fair they have given you a 3% discount because you are taking responsibility for completing first Land Registy registration.

Had I given you that discount - the cost of providing the map would be your problem.


of course but in truth the cost of putting first reg on it is less than the reduction in price , i told them they could put first reg on it if they wished and that i would honour the original price , surprised they went with it

if no map was provided , is that something which can be overcome , is my geomatic surveyor correct ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 2128
irish_bob wrote:
Luan wrote:
To be fair they have given you a 3% discount because you are taking responsibility for completing first Land Registy registration.

Had I given you that discount - the cost of providing the map would be your problem.


of course but in truth the cost of putting first reg on it is less than the reduction in price , i told them they could put first reg on it if they wished and that i would honour the original price , surprised they went with it

if no map was provided , is that something which can be overcome , is my geomatic surveyor correct ?

Completing the first registration can take between 6 & 12 months.

And yes, any engineer should be able to provide a pragmatic solution.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Stupid things EAs say
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5222
Quote:
The first owners of 1 Blackrock Crescent could, quite literally move straight on in with a few suitcases of clothing in hand, and after a quick shop at the local Aldi up the road, or at the bustling Sunday Blackrock village farmers’ market - for a bit more posh to fill the fridge and larder.

And, if they wear hats, or night caps and gowns, well, they can hang them up at No 1, and announce themselves right at home. It’s ready to rock and breakfast roll.


Shaking my head when I read this on Saturday

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 03244.html


Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com