Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2131 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "Is that value I see?" thread.....
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:05 pm 
Migrant

notninety wrote:
Any update on the bidding for Lisnaree, Upper Kilmacud Road, Dundrum, Dublin 14?

I called about the house today out of curiosity. The estate agent said the bidding was "around the 500 mark", and that it was close to sale agreed, but it is currently "on hold", whatever that means.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:10 am 
Under CAB Investigation

74 Northbrook Avenue, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
€850,000 - 3175 ft² / 294.97 m² For Sale
http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... -6/2869000

On what planet is this selling for only €850k (€268/sqft)? Yes, the Luas runs behind it, but it's 3,100sqft+, is in good decorative order and has parking for around 3 cars and a huge detached garage too - all in the middle of Ranelagh. This seems like 2012 pricing in 2016... either i) they want the asking price to be blown out of the water in bidding wars or ii) it is falling apart, or iii) it isn't seriously for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:38 am 
Speculator

SoCoDu wrote:
74 Northbrook Avenue, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
€850,000 - 3175 ft² / 294.97 m² For Sale
http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... -6/2869000

On what planet is this selling for only €850k (€268/sqft)? Yes, the Luas runs behind it, but it's 3,100sqft+, is in good decorative order and has parking for around 3 cars and a huge detached garage too - all in the middle of Ranelagh. This seems like 2012 pricing in 2016... either i) they want the asking price to be blown out of the water in bidding wars or ii) it is falling apart, or iii) it isn't seriously for sale.

Surely worth a lot more in the current market despite the over-proximity of the LUAS unless it has some sort of structural issues? The square footage quoted probably includes the various attached outbuildings. Without seeing it, another bonus would be that you could run a home offices/small business from that attached building/room currently is use as a gym.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:44 am 
Under CAB Investigation

onioneater wrote:
Surely worth a lot more in the current market despite the over-proximity of the LUAS unless it has some sort of structural issues? The square footage quoted probably includes the various attached outbuildings. Without seeing it, another bonus would be that you could run a home offices/small business from that attached building/room currently is use as a gym.
AFAIK you can't include an unconverted garage (such as this) or 'attic' space that doesn't meet the criteria of being habitable space - so that 3,175sqft quoted should just be habitable space. Looking at the satellite I don't find it hard to believe, as it's the width of two semi's, but deeper and has the attic converted (presumably meeting required standards). Attic conversion looks to have good ceiling height throughout thanks to use of steep mansard-style roof.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:54 am 
Property Magnate

presume there is no way that this wont top 1m if it isnt falling down?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

cyrusir wrote:

And the rest. Going rate is €500-600/sqft. I don't think this will achieve that level for a few reasons (even though a standard semi-d next door would), primarily because the biggest/best house on an estate tends not to achieve as high a price per square foot as the much cheaper standard houses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:30 pm 
Single Home Owner

Tag wrote:
mambo wrote:
1 Fonthill Abbey, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14
€399,950 - 5 Bed Semi-Detached House 172 m² For Sale
http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 14/1473598

1851 sq feet, €216/sq foot
No interior photos though!

Now listed at €349,950 so if it was value before it's even better value now!

This is back up for sale €549, 000 - doesn't look like it sold in 2010-2011 http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochu ... 14/3488864
Since supply is so bad they might just get the asking price they want for it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:18 pm 
Nationalised

SoCoDu wrote:
cyrusir wrote:

And the rest. Going rate is €500-600/sqft. I don't think this will achieve that level for a few reasons (even though a standard semi-d next door would), primarily because the biggest/best house on an estate tends not to achieve as high a price per square foot as the much cheaper standard houses.

BTW there was a thread on number 75; it sold for 318k in 2012. No idea if they are comparable but they are not adjacent (opposite ends of the road). viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40304

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:19 pm 
Single Home Owner

Quote:

The big issue would seem to be it has no curb appeal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:16 am 
Private Tenant

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/broch ... -8/3751289
150k, 3 bed, Kilmainham - cash buyers only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2131 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?