Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
 Post subject: Re: Flippin' heck
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:39 pm 
Homeless

7 Eden Park
Sold for 615k June 2016
Now on market for 1.5m
Substantial alterations, it was in flats
https://www.myhome.ie/residential/broch ... in/4110392

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:18 pm 
Nationalised

17 Seascape, Clontarf.

Bought new for 590k (520k + VAT) in Feb 2016
https://propertypriceregisterireland.co ... nd-193215/

Recently on sale for 750k, sold for 742,500 (26% gain on 590k in well under 2 years)
http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/fo ... ently-sold
https://propertypriceregisterireland.co ... nd-299262/

"It is irresponsible to suggest that the ‘negative equity’ scenario that occurred in the late 1980’s in the UK could occur in Ireland" - Marie Hunt, Director of Research, CB Richard Ellis - Press Release 17/Apr/2007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:32 pm 
Single Home Owner

mambo wrote:
17 Seascape, Clontarf.
Recently on sale for 750k, sold for 742,500 (26% gain on 590k in well under 2 years)

How much would you actually take home on a sale like that? When you factor in capital gains, any money spent on upgrades and general property price inflation - can it be that much?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm 
Nationalised

No capital gains tax if it is your principal residence 8DD

dublife wrote:
mambo wrote:
17 Seascape, Clontarf.

How much would you actually take home on a sale like that? When you factor in capital gains, any money spent on upgrades and general property price inflation - can it be that much?

"It is irresponsible to suggest that the ‘negative equity’ scenario that occurred in the late 1980’s in the UK could occur in Ireland" - Marie Hunt, Director of Research, CB Richard Ellis - Press Release 17/Apr/2007

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 pm 
Single Home Owner

Second Captain wrote:
Second Captain wrote:
Second Captain wrote:
Ah here...

Crinken Lodge, Crinken Lane, Shankill, Dublin 18

31/10/2012 Sold for 140k with SherryFitz (old ad still up on MyHome for now)

3/5/2013 Advertised on Daft for 250k by Robert M Downey

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed about the place other than a new bathroom and a lick of paint.
Sooooo, 78% increase in seven months because ....?

Interesting house in that its a little bit different. Nice garden, pity the M11 is right on the other side of those trees (don't let the none-too-accurate pin on the map fool you).

On view (again) tomorrow morning at 9:45 with "** Price Just Reduced!** " to .... 215k
So just a 53% mark up for the new bathroom now.

I don't think I'll skip my lie on.

Sold (again) 18/10/2013, 200k, PPR Link.

A nice little earner for the seller. The buyer is probably delighted with the discount from the 2013 asking price in the current market too.
Everybody wins! \o/

Crinken Lodge back on the market asking 395k this time. Seems to have been improved much more this time around so considering that and the general market change in the last five years, I think this is more move on/break even territory than a flip. My theory is that no one can tolerate the motorway noise for more than a few years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:07 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

One to give flippers everywhere a bad name (should the vendor achieve anywhere near asking)

Galtrim Lodge appears on the PPR in July 2018 having sold for €150K. Back on the market now for €475K. This remarkable markup turns positively meteoric when you realize it's 88 odd sq m. wasn't even extended upon!

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/galtrim-lodge-galtim-park-bray-co-wicklow/4290891

Any kind of practiced eye would see the cost-cutting (5 ton of Ballylusk gravel hastily dumped in the back garden, PVC windows, general cheap-as-chips fitout). But why advertise the fact by hanging a BER F around it's neck?? It would have taken virtually nothing to crank it up to a chilly BER D. Is there even attic insulation in the place?

Depressing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:43 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Happened to pass by Galtrim Lodge. I now suspect the price is vendor rather than estate agent generated. The location is awful: sandwiched between the Wicklow Wolf Brewery-ette (with trucks pulling up outside the straight-to-street bedroom windows) and some kind of commercial premises on the other side. A family could easily find a proper 3 bed semi in a nicer part of Bray for that money. And it doesn't really have the secure, quiet setting a trader-downer would be looking for.

In a flatlining market, this one will languish, methinks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 467 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Sell, Buy or Rent?