Post subject: Wrocław.. 203 active cranes and 12k apartments/year..
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:18 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

I've moved to Poland around 9 months ago and I am really amazed on scale of this boom. Previously I knew it from visiting Warsaw which was really hot, but now after few months in Wrocław I am bit afraid of scale of current market growth.

According to skyscrapper crane count, there is now 203 active ones, as I previously mentioned I see more than 5 from my rented suburb apartment (around 1000 apartments being built in close proximity at the moment) plus another 6 or 7 from my office. The place looks very similar to Dublin 2007 when I've landed there. Similar, but "different" prices are not skyrocketing, except for rent. Why?
Last year developers sold almost 12k properties so the supply side seems solid plus according to stats a lot of it is pure cash.

However, alot of properties are being sold when the digger hit the ground for very first time and it is sometimes difficult to find nice place when site is finished. There is an invasion from Ukraine and non existing unemployement (2%), but still houses are not cheap vs salary. I wonder how long it will last?

PS. I've walked recently beside quite big commercial building site,
https://imgur.com/a/Fa3IU

For future reference, a 'soft landing' theorem:
06/2007: Central Bank predicts soft landing for housing
http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 96858.html
It's all grand

Post subject: Re: Wrocław.. 203 active cranes and 12k apartments/year..
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 am 
Under CAB Investigation

still plenty of scope to get in on the 120% mortgage train and hence drive prices higher. if everything is being bought off the plans you still could be 3 to 4 years off of peak*. keep your ears open if a land auction falls through it would be a sign that developers wont be putting up anything just to shift it.

* a few countries have managed to have gravity defying increases in properties, canada, australia, prices in ireland have shot back up