Post subject: Re: Crane spotting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Dublin crane count reaches record high of 93 in September 2018.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.3616834

Quote:
Construction surge evident north of the Liffey as southside levels off

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Dublin crane count in November reaches record high of 102.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.3686988

Quote:
This is the highest score yet registered by Crane Count – nine more than the previous high of 93 on September 1st – and up 13 on last month’s total of 89. November’s count is more than triple the 31 cranes recorded on February 1st, 2016, when the newspaper’s crane survey was first launched.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:20 pm 
Property Magnate

mightyz wrote:
I am really missing watching sea every day.
I've liked roast from pub and variety of different takeways. I really loved that there was always good choice, even in smaller towns. Here only in city center there is good choice really.

Some people should go and work in Ireland just to see how you can slow down and not be in such a rush everywhere.. Some of them are really annoying here in Poland, especially on the roads :/

What I don't miss is weather, health service and long commutes.. In recent days here I've had up to 28C which is great, I love this, especially after winter and 10 years in Ireland before that. I am still trying to recover from being a couch potato for a very long time, but I've came back to sport.

I've bought an apartment in development and I am waiting for completion. I don't want to make same mistake like in Dublin, don't want to wait forever. Economy is booming and I am bit afraid that it might overheat. There is a lot of development which is being bought fully months prior to being finished, just like mine. A lot of estate development is much worse than is used to be few years back, too dense with little green space around. My last Irish apartment was next to golf course so it is very different.

There are ups and downs, Sometimes I am thinking about my decision, if it was right one.. Then I am reading Irish newspapers or thepin and then I know why did I leave.. or maybe: why did I stay in Dublin so long..

I recently spoke to a Pole and a Hungarian who told me that they are each separately planning to return home after a decade or more in Ireland (Dublin).
Both have youngish kids, and their main complaint was lack of quality of life here, due to the cost of accommodation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:52 pm 
Real Estate Developer

06/12/18: Dublin crane count reaches record 104
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.3718412

Quote:
Number of cranes visible over Dublin city centre more than trebles in three years

This could be the high water mark for cranes.

Last edited by snaps on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 pm 
Nationalised

snaps wrote:
06/12/18: Dublin crane count reaches record 104
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.3718412

Quote:
Number of cranes visible over Dublin city centre more than trebles in three years

How many are residential builds ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 pm 
Real Estate Developer

@mr_anderson

The article says North of the Liffey decline of six cranes. (With preparatory work on some very large developments there just beginning)

Quote:
southside count, meanwhile, rose eight to 65 with the construction surge clearly spreading out to the suburbs.

Quote:
Mark Street off Pearse Street close to the recently cleared Ned’s Pub site bounded by Moss Street, Gloucester Street South and Townsend Street in the south docklands.

Ned's pub in Dublin city may be turned into budget hotel
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.3049343

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm 
Too Big to Fail

I heard someone say there's one crane in Waterford. I can't confirm or deny it myself.

The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

snaps wrote:
@mr_anderson

The article says North of the Liffey decline of six cranes. (With preparatory work on some very large developments there just beginning)

Quote:
southside count, meanwhile, rose eight to 65 with the construction surge clearly spreading out to the suburbs.

Quote:
Mark Street off Pearse Street close to the recently cleared Ned’s Pub site bounded by Moss Street, Gloucester Street South and Townsend Street in the south docklands.

Ned's pub in Dublin city may be turned into budget hotel
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/com ... -1.3049343

Ned's is gone :(. It was a good place for sneaky pints, no one knew of it and those that did never went in. The stairs to the jacks were lethal I don't know how the place was insured with them.

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:19 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Dubhgeannain wrote:
I heard someone say there's one crane in Waterford. I can't confirm or deny it myself.

Some nice pictures of cranes on the Waterford Wildlife twitter feed.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.