Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:31 pm 
Old Time Landlord

At least when they make the film about the Irish property bubble they won't have to build the set ... :wink:

At what point in the recent past did we confuse debt with wealth? Seriously, when did this happen? We have people who are half a million euros in debt describing themselves as "asset rich and cash poor".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:26 pm 
Property Magnate

Location: Can't read beyond 12 year old level, especially Russian.
And we can call this activity "ghost recon " :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Some of you may have noticed that the site was down over the past 48 hours or so. The server hosting the server had a terminal hard drive failure (cheap dedicated server, single disk).However, I had nightly backups of the data which have now been restored and everything is back to normal.

It's now hosted on fully redundant infrastructure (2 MySQL servers, 2 front end web servers and an F-5 BIG-IP LTM :)) so hopefully there won't be a repeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:26 pm 
Too Big to Fail

nemonoid wrote:
Some of you may have noticed that the site was down over the past 48 hours or so. The server hosting the server had a terminal hard drive failure (cheap dedicated server, single disk).However, I had nightly backups of the data which have now been restored and everything is back to normal.

It's now hosted on fully redundant infrastructure (2 MySQL servers, 2 front end web servers and an F-5 BIG-IP LTM :)) so hopefully there won't be a repeat.

i haven't the foggiest what you just said but well done on doing that voodoo that you do sooo well. :o

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:03 am 
Property Magnate

Quote:
Gardai investigate thefts
Longford Leader Weekender 18/7/08 p.7. (no online link)
Five shower units were taken from houses in a recently developed estate in Tarmonbarry over the weekend. The houses have yet to be occupied and local gardai have warned developers to secure their sites as burglaries have occurred on newly developed sites in Rooskey and Carrick-on-Shannon.

The first of many I expect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:29 am 
Under CAB Investigation

ThePartysOver wrote:
Quote:
Gardai investigate thefts
Longford Leader Weekender 18/7/08 p.7. (no online link)
Five shower units were taken from houses in a recently developed estate in Tarmonbarry over the weekend. The houses have yet to be occupied and local gardai have warned developers to secure their sites as burglaries have occurred on newly developed sites in Rooskey and Carrick-on-Shannon.

The first of many I expect.

Wonder who fecked 'em?
Usual shower I suspect. db

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:18 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Was doing a triathlon in Connemara this weekend.

Came across a fully built moth balled estate in (very rural) Carna on my cycle.

I have no idea how long they had been built but they looked all set to move in if the place wasn't all boarded up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_HSCmnFTA

Post subject: Re: Ghostestates.com
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:42 pm 
Homeless

The Unwelcome Guest wrote:
Created by the 'pin user, Nemonoid, this is an intriguing possibility to document the worst outcomes of the bubble on the internets...

Go check it out, contribute and develop...

Http://www.ghostestates.com

Originally launched in this here thread...

It would be useful if the Ghost Estates site contained some commentary, similar to that which appears in the thread.

Post subject: New (nearly) Ghost Estate in Rosses Point, Sligo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:24 pm 
Homeless

Just been around this estate today http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=6061
which is in Rosses Point, Sligo - very disappointing location and I don't know why they rave about it! Anyway, I would say that fewer than 10% of houses were occupied - and it was a very big estate of probably more than 70-80 houses.

A passing workman told me that they were all (but 4 or 5) bought off plans 3 years ago (presumably by people looking to turn a quick profit) and it struck me very much as a ghost estate. Actually went into one of the detached ones and it had 4 wee pokey rooms upstairs each with an ensuite! I don't care if it was in malibu, I still wouldn't give 750k for it.

Post subject: Re: Ghostestates.com
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:52 pm 
Nationalised

Location: Over Macho Grande? I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande...
Skylark wrote:
It would be useful if the Ghost Estates site contained some commentary, similar to that which appears in the thread.

Talk to nemonoid but I think the idea is there would be no commentary, just pictures...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools