Post subject: property website for buyers is finished
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 pm 
Single Home Owner

Hi all on the propertypin. It's been about 9 months since I went away. I'm not sure where to post this so here it is in a new thread.

I remember over a year ago about there being an idea for a property website where buyers can add themselves to a listing... well, I've done it at last. Took a long time. Please register and check out the features. Let me know if you find any bugs. I've no idea if anyone else has done the same thing yet, but here is my go.

It's anonymous, free to add a listing, pay to contact buyers. Properties, rentals and tenants can also be added (but buyers are separated from the rest for anonymity). Any listing which has the same criteria as its opposite is matched up. There's an rss feed of news from finfacts and a very basic forum. Hopefully, we can all now find out how much Irish property is really worth!

Please register and email people on any web based email address you have. You get 2 Euro per sign up if you do (not real money, just on the website account).

And lastly, thanks to one of you here (forgotten who) who in 2009 gave me the idea of the name. I hope it catches on.

So lads, please help me build this thing up. I'll be emailing all the estate agents in Ireland in the next few days but don't expect any replies to any buyer listings very soon as it's a paid-for service. Might have to wait a while (or maybe not with any luck) :lol:

I might not be around the pin too often as I'll be busy promoting the shite out of the site.

You fellas are the first to know about it on the web at all.

Thanks again.

http://www.notdaft.ie

Post subject: Re: property website for buyers is finished
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Oooh you have a forum too :wink:

Site looks pretty neat and i like the logo.

The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:44 pm 
First Time Buyer

That looks pretty cool. Fair play for setting it up. Just one question - what's to stop spoof "buyers" - either timewasters who have aren't in the market, or agents trying to boost prices in their area?

People aren't going to want to pay €20 to be put in touch with a spoofer, are they?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 pm 
Single Home Owner

No I guess not. I suppose there could be spoofers, real buyers, semi-interested buyers, those with an extremely mild passing interest (namely me). Hopefully they'll be all sorts on there, as long as the list builds I am happy. It depends how desperate the estate agents are I think because it will be them doing the subscribing (at least that's the target market).

I just want the site to grow first.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:54 pm 
Too Big to Fail

You should have the daft logo with a cross running through it.. like ghost busters.

"Abortion is the only event that modern liberals think too violent and obscene to portray on TV. This is not because they are squeamish or prudish. It is because if people knew what Abortion really looked like, it would destroy their pretence that it is a civilized answer to the problem of what to do about unwanted babies." ~ Peter Hitchen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 pm 
Single Home Owner

You could probably do with changing this thread title, on this forum "is finished" usually has bad connotations..... I was expecting something to have gone bust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:06 pm 
Nationalised

Mossy_Heneberry wrote:
You should have the daft logo with a cross running through it.. like ghost busters.

Laughing Out Loud. As the young people say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:09 pm 
Neo Landlord

Bingo wrote:
You could probably do with changing this thread title, on this forum "is finished" usually has bad connotations..... I was expecting something to have gone bust

+ 1 I thought this too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 pm 
Real Estate Developer

Nice one - best of luck with it.

Just a comment on entering your target "buy" details - you need to be able to select multiple areas without getting everything in between your 2 areas in alphabetical order and ditto for the property type.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 pm 
Property Magnate

I hate it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 pm 
Single Home Owner

I'll give you a week before the solicitors letter from daft.ie arrives :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm 
Speculator

There was this one I posted about based around the Laois Offaly area I think.
It came to nowt from what I can gather. Free to buyers to register...
www.opentooffers.ie

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24886

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:37 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

For type of property "Any" should be an option, or "All". Too much work holding down the ctrl button to select several options!

I wasn't able to register: kept telling me my password format was unacceptable. What the heck IS acceptable so?!

I find the "contact buyers" service way too expensive. €5 per contact would be more reasonable, methinks.

Some code problem here:

Have a look at <a href="http://www.notdaft.ie">notdaft.ie</a>. I‘ve added myself as a house buyer (for free). Add yourself so I‘ll get 2 Euro in my notdaft account. Thought you might be interested.<br><br>Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:09 am 
First Time Buyer

Best wishes labasta. I hope it takes off.

I wasn't able to register either though; no reason, just an "error on page" notice.