Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  [Go to page]   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Property-bee gone daft! Firefox Price Tracking Add-On
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:42 am 
Too Big to Fail

Beerhunter from the UK forum globalhousepricecrash.com has kindly adapted his Firefox 2 add-on Property-Bee for use with www.daft.ie.
The property-bee toolbar, is a new and exciting Firefox add-on which makes browsing property sites like Rightmove and Daft so much more enlightening.

It allows you to view a history of how the price and description change over time for properties you have viewed on property sites such as rightmove.co.uk and daft.ie
Basically instead of your having to remember or write down this information Property-Bee stores it for you and embeds it into whatever property site you are looking at.
No information is shared with others and all information is stored locally on your PC.

I would like to thank Beerhunter for all his fantastic work and congratulate him on the development of the best tool for house hunters that I have seen developed so far.

Happy browsing!

Download
http://property-bee.com/downloads/property-bee.xpi

Property-Bee
http://property-bee.com/

EDIT : The application should also work on rental properties

Last edited by Dreaded_Estate on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:56 pm 
Neo Landlord

I just downloaded and installed Firefox 2 and the Property Bee toolbar. It is fantastic to be able to see a price change history 'live' as I am browsing Daft. I think it is an essential tool for anyone looking to buy a house.

Thanks a million for the development work Beerhunter.

Thanks for letting us know Dreaded_Estate.

Excellent work. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

This is absolutely fantastic - a superb resource and a genuine public service! One minor query - will the daft changes be automatically updated, or is there simply a snapshot of changes up to a certain cut off date via the zip file?

Two minor technical points - the xpi link doesn't seem to work for me on firefox, installing from the propertybee site itself does. Also, the "Application Data" folder is hidden in XP by default, so you'll need to show hidden files & folders to access it.

One interesting presentational point - Daft at some point seem to have changed their standard listing format from Price €X,000 to Price *Region* €X,000. So if you see this change on a listing it indicates that Daft feel the market is wobbly, not the vendor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:26 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Superb, I suggest this should be stickied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:31 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

That is truly excellent.

I'm using Firefox Portable, I don't like to keep my browsing history on "The Man's" computer if there's anyone else in the same boat unzip the files into "...FirefoxPortable\Data\profile\property-bee"

Is there anyone out there still using IE? It's very poor in comparison with Firefox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:37 pm 
Nationalised

1st link doesn't seem to be working for me, is I missing something?

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:42 pm 
First Time Buyer

This is Brilliant! Fair play to Beer Hunter!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:42 pm 
IMF'd

OW, see jcsmith's post:

jcsmith wrote:
Two minor technical points - the xpi link doesn't seem to work for me on firefox, installing from the propertybee site itself does. Also, the "Application Data" folder is hidden in XP by default, so you'll need to show hidden files & folders to access it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 pm 
Single Home Owner

excellent application

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:53 pm 
Too Big to Fail

As a complete non-technie would somebody please have the time to set it out in simple 1,2, 3 steps? Many thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  [Go to page]   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next

Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools