Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Property-bee gone daft! Firefox Price Tracking Add-On
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:37 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

My PB just shows very recent changes(last day or so). No history at all. Just downloaded it very recently. I've been looking at rentals and sales that I know have been on the market for ages but the bee is not showing this. Any ideas please?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 am 
Back Home with Mammy

Me&Mi wrote:
My PB just shows very recent changes(last day or so). No history at all. Just downloaded it very recently. I've been looking at rentals and sales that I know have been on the market for ages but the bee is not showing this. Any ideas please?

1) Did you register to work in the bee? If you didn't there is an option on the toolbar under "wizards" to do so
2) Once you are registed to work in the bee, under options on the toolbar, make sure "work in a bee" is ticked

If you have done both, then chances are you are looking in an area where no PB user has looked before.

PB doesn't take a data feed from the website (I know of no property site that provides one) or spider the website (against the terms & conditions, and the lawyers will knock on the door if you do so, I know from a prior project!).. so all the information available is collected when PB users look at properties. If they haven't looked at a particular area, then there will be no history.

Don't despair, tracking a properties in new area with PB will still given very useful info in time, albeit without the information before you started - and it will help other people too.

Hope that helps

Cheers
BH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:35 am 
Back Home with Mammy

BTW if anyone whats to try out a new version that allows you to delete entries from your property-bee sidebar... pop over to the property-bee forum to download it.

Its only available from the link posted above whilst we test it out, but I hope it will be officially released to everyone within the next week :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:21 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

Thanks a million for that Beerhunter. I'm trying to register to work in a bee but when I get to the register point the script goes all funny and doesn't work. Anyone else having trouble registering?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:04 pm 
Back Home with Mammy

Me&Mi wrote:
Thanks a million for that Beerhunter. I'm trying to register to work in a bee but when I get to the register point the script goes all funny and doesn't work. Anyone else having trouble registering?

Goes all funny?

There are 2 possible issues I know of

* If your using a Mac then you may need to type a username/password into a text editor, and cut and paste them into the registration boxes! I've no idea why, its some bizzare Mac bug I think.

* If you try and use a username that is already registered, when you press the register button a long ling of html appears underneath. In this case just change the username to something else and press the register button again (this is because I upgraded the forum software and it works differently from the previous version :(

Hope that helps

Cheers
BH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 am 
Holiday Home Owner

It was the second reason BH. I changed my username and it worked. Thanks so much for taking the time to help and reply to my posts. Very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:53 pm 
Holiday Home Owner

Property bee dosen't appear to be working for me. Anyone else suffering the same problem?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:38 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

pyrite manor wrote:
Property bee dosen't appear to be working for me. Anyone else suffering the same problem?

Working fine for me.
Want to give a bit more detail?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Not working for me either. Using a mac if that is of any relevance. Stopped working yesterday I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 am 
Holiday Home Owner

+1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Board index » Linksville » Online Resources & Tracking tools