Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5375 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482 ... 538  Next
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:14 pm 
Real Estate Developer

British quickly running into a dead end full of stinky poo, better known as Brexit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:07 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

ps200306 wrote:
There was a Labour MP interviewed on Sky News this evening who was still trotting out the "EU needs us to buy their cars" line. He thinks May got a lousy deal and the UK just needs to march back over to Brussels and threaten to leave without a deal if they don't what they want.
XX

Jeffrey Donaldson DUP on the Pat Kenny show this morning was still using the 'car buying' line

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:12 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Priti Patel says the threat of starvation in Ireland should be used as leverage to go back to Brussels.

Do millions have to starve in Britain for them to finally understand how millions starved in Ireland under direct London rule?

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:45 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

catbear wrote:
Priti Patel says the threat of starvation in Ireland should be used as leverage to go back to Brussels.

Do millions have to starve in Britain for them to finally understand how millions starved in Ireland under direct London rule?

Even for a Tory politician, I didn't think a statement could be possibly true. I had to Google it to make sure.

In the real world though, Ireland is the 2nd most food secure country in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:04 pm 
Too Big to Fail

HouseBuyer wrote:
catbear wrote:

Even for a Tory politician, I didn't think a statement could be possibly true. I had to Google it to make sure.

It's gormless for sure, but it is the same uninterrupted Westminster sovereignty that induced starvation in Ireland that prosecutes Brexit now. Phil Hogan's reply cuts to the heart of it.
Quote:
EU commissioner for agriculture Phil Hogan has criticised a Tory MP’s threat to use possible post-Brexit food shortages in Ireland as leverage to secure a better deal, saying it would lead to “the starvation of the British people”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... -1.3723610

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:11 pm 
Single Home Owner

catbear wrote:
HouseBuyer wrote:
catbear wrote:

It's gormless for sure, but it is the same uninterrupted Westminster sovereignty that induced starvation in Ireland that prosecutes Brexit now. Phil Hogan's reply cuts to the heart of it.
Quote:
EU commissioner for agriculture Phil Hogan has criticised a Tory MP’s threat to use possible post-Brexit food shortages in Ireland as leverage to secure a better deal, saying it would lead to “the starvation of the British people”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/eco ... -1.3723610

If all trade was stopped with brexit its the brits that would starve. But hey, thats their call. We will both freeze though. maybe we can have our own Norway plus plus plus slap dash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 am 
IMF'd

HouseBuyer wrote:
catbear wrote:

In the real world though, Ireland is the 2nd most food secure country in the world.

I too didn't believe that was the substance of it, but here it is - I looked for for a source that I though wouldn't be a mouthpiece for some view or other, initially picking https://truckerworld.uk/2018/12/priti-p ... -backstop/, but settling on MSN (somebody has to read it sometime):
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/p ... ar-BBQDd8z
Quote:
“This paper appears to show the government were well aware Ireland will face significant issues in a no-deal scenario,” Priti Patel, who was International Development Secretary until last year, told the Times.

“Why hasn’t this point been pressed home during the negotiations? There is still time to go back to Brussels and get a better deal.”

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:39 pm 
Too Big to Fail

BBC podcast
Will Brexit lead to the pulling apart of countries within the European Union?
27 minutes of interesting debate on what’s next for Europe with speakers from Warsaw and Brussels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cswk10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:27 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

yoganmahew wrote:
I too didn't believe that was the substance of it, but here it is - I looked for for a source that I though wouldn't be a mouthpiece for some view or other, initially picking https://truckerworld.uk/2018/12/priti-p ... -backstop/, but settling on MSN (somebody has to read it sometime):
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/p ... ar-BBQDd8z
Quote:
“This paper appears to show the government were well aware Ireland will face significant issues in a no-deal scenario,” Priti Patel, who was International Development Secretary until last year, told the Times.

“Why hasn’t this point been pressed home during the negotiations? There is still time to go back to Brussels and get a better deal.”

The optics that I get from this is that there is a possible danger to food security in Ireland.
The Irish government will have no objection to letting Irish people and small businesses suffer because we do live in a time here in Ireland Inc where the lines in government management has been to DO AS YOUR TOLD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:24 am 
Real Estate Developer

The conspiracisy theorists are coming out of the woodwork...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5375 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 476, 477, 478, 479, 480, 481, 482 ... 538  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank