Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:05 pm 
Too Big to Fail

yoganmahew wrote:
If you make tea with a teabag in a mug, the second and third cups taste better than the first (no kidding), so not only are you saving money, but you are getting a finer cup of tea.

I tried this. The second cup is weak. The third cup is mostly hot milky water.
What teabags and what size cup do you use?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:07 pm 
Too Big to Fail

temene wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:
If you make tea with a teabag in a mug, the second and third cups taste better than the first (no kidding), so not only are you saving money, but you are getting a finer cup of tea.

I think that only works if the first cup is a "splash-n-go" then a couple of minutes in the second and ten minutes in the third.

"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk

Post subject: Re: The Scrimp and Scrape thread: tips to save money
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:11 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

do you have to hang the teabags on the line first, to get them dry?

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:02 pm 
Property Magnate

temene wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:

I do this too. Second cup is perfect. (The type of water you have also affects the strength of the tea. Hard water tends to make stronger tea.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:49 pm 
IMF'd

mortgageboy wrote:
temene wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:

I do this too. Second cup is perfect. (The type of water you have also affects the strength of the tea. Hard water tends to make stronger tea.)

I like it black, so that may explain the disparity - Ceylon mostly. Adulterating fine tea with milk is anathema to me!

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:07 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

yoganmahew wrote:
mortgageboy wrote:
temene wrote:
yoganmahew wrote:

I like it black, so that may explain the disparity - Ceylon mostly. Adulterating fine tea with milk is anathema to me!

What about wedging the teabag behind your lip like a slug of tobacco, then sipping a cup of hot water suitably milked up and sugared? This would last longer than a whole pot of tea, with the added benefit that some teabags now come with a piece of string which you could use afterwards to floss your teeth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:16 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Inis Man wrote:
What about wedging the teabag behind your lip like a slug of tobacco, then sipping a cup of hot water suitably milked up and sugared? This would last longer than a whole pot of tea, with the added benefit that some teabags now come with a piece of string which you could use afterwards to floss your teeth

We are now in Viz top tips territory :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:30 am 
IMF'd

NegativeEquity wrote:
Inis Man wrote:

We are now in Viz top tips territory :D

:D Yeah, in that case, tie it to a tooth and lower it into your stomach. The acid there will remove the tea and you won't have to bother with the expense of milk and sugar or the taste of cheap tea. Win, win, and win.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:57 am 
Nationalised

Reminds me of a fella in college who wouldn't buy sugar for his tea. He explained that at breakfast he'd eat Frosties instead of Corn Flakes, and swiftly follow a mouthful with a slug of tea :) don't think you save much as Frosities are probably more expensive

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Lidl have 50% off weekend.
Portuguese white and Chilean red wine. Both below €5
https://www.lidl.ie/en/super-savers.htm?id=63

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Norwegian are offering €170 return to USA until March.
Book today only.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:21 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Dunnes, Tesco, Supervalu, Iceland, all have €10 off €50 grocery spend in various newspapers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:40 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Anyone who takes their summer holiday's in France on the campsites over there, get booking now as there are huge discounts at the moment especially for June and early July.
Irish Ferries have not yet released their summer schedule and with Brexit happening, it looks like bookings are very low at a lot of the campsites for next summer. So there are discounts of circa 50% on offer through the agencies such as Eurocamp or directly through the campsites themselves.

Yes, the ferry schedule might not match your booking exactly but that can be worked around.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:32 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

FreeFallin wrote:
Anyone who takes their summer holiday's in France on the campsites over there, get booking now as there are huge discounts at the moment especially for June and early July.
Irish Ferries have not yet released their summer schedule and with Brexit happening, it looks like bookings are very low at a lot of the campsites for next summer. So there are discounts of circa 50% on offer through the agencies such as Eurocamp or directly through the campsites themselves.

Yes, the ferry schedule might not match your booking exactly but that can be worked around.

Is that the same for the ones in Spain? We went to one outside Barcelona for the first time last year, great holiday, great price.

If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
--Epictetus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66