Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 339, 340, 341, 342, 343
 Post subject: Re: Giz a job / You're sacked! - Jobs / Redundancy watch...
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:38 pm 
Too Big to Fail

ixus wrote:
Not that I would choose to live in Leixlip but if their facilities are poor, well that's almost the whole of Ireland. Two train stations with a regular line, two Dublin bus routes, a few primary schools with places, two public secondary schools with a private one nearby. Two GAA clubs, an AIL rugby club, a running track, tennis courts (still there?), astro turf and soccer club, gyms, fishing, golf clubs nearby and kayaking.

What more do you require?

Something other than sport? Of the things you mention, the only ones that would have any value to me would be the public transport into and out of Dublin.

Still, I agree that Leixlip is probably no worse than any other small to middling town in Ireland (or indeed, most other countries in the developed world) and the fact that you can get in and out of the city for its amenities without absolutely having to drive everywhere makes it better than a lot of places in Ireland.

All that said, Intel is one of the larger employers of acquaintances and ex-colleagues over the years. I'm sure some of them must be checking their options and polishing up their CVs, even if they're not in the current redundancy round. Early on, it can be difficult to tell if these adjustments are one-off or the start of a secular trend.

Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
Book I, Chapter X, Part II,

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:59 pm 
Private Tenant

ixus wrote:
On Intel, papers reporting 420-550 range of redundancies. What will go unreported, as ever, is the contractors. Might take 6 months to feed into system but it will have a big impact on rental and general housing market in North Kildare.

That's the #1 priority alright. Sigh.

All that people want to talk about.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:01 am 
Too Big to Fail

DeadIreland wrote:
ixus wrote:
On Intel, papers reporting 420-550 range of redundancies. What will go unreported, as ever, is the contractors. Might take 6 months to feed into system but it will have a big impact on rental and general housing market in North Kildare.

That's the #1 priority alright. Sigh.

All that people want to talk about.

Well, what do you expect to find on a site called thepropertypin? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain..."

:lol:

"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:24 am 
Too Big to Fail

Where do you advertise for builders? Proper paper of record link

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:30 am 
Too Big to Fail

Quote:
US pharmaceutical company expands Dublin presence

It's an extra 10 jobs, and the poxy IT reports on it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/us-pharmaceutical-company-expands-dublin-presence-1.3212652

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 am 
Nationalised

It went completely unreported other than one line buried in the IT, but MindGeek has pulled out (pun intended) all employees from Ireland as of late last year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 pm 
Nationalised

Mantissa wrote:
It went completely unreported other than one line buried in the IT, but MindGeek has pulled out (pun intended) all employees from Ireland as of late last year.

Is that Mindgeek Ireland Holding Limited?

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 339, 340, 341, 342, 343