Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5372 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479 ... 538  Next
 Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm 
Too Big to Fail

GameBlame wrote:

They left it too long after Maastrict to leave. The UK and the City are too integrated into the EU. They're leaving too soon in that we are in a lull before whatever the next badly handled crises are that weaken the EU. At which point they could slip away.

If anything Brexit has actually done more positive for the union that any external force.

The migrants at Calais don't want to register in France as they know they'll have to carry ID in the asylum process whereas if they can get to the UK they can disappear into the migrant communities.

And thirdly, parts of post industrial England have horrible demographics and not even migrants are lured there. I know it's hard to fathom but I toured some of the A10 countries just after the fall of the wall and there's cities in north England that are as economically depressed now.

I really felt the morning of the vote result that this was a fall of the wall type event.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:16 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

GameBlame wrote:
On Greece and Migration it cocked things up repeatedly.
kinda hard to blame the EU in relation to migration when the problem is that it has no competence in that area.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:29 pm 
Too Big to Fail

superman wrote:
GameBlame wrote:
kinda hard to blame the EU in relation to migration when the problem is that it has no competence in that area.

Well the EU has succeeded in importing cheap labour into the wealthier countries, which is exactly what the globalist paymasters wanted. From a UK perspective, they've been importing them from the (former) colonies since the end of WWII, after Brexit, that probably won't change.

The Brexiteers will go ballistic when they realise this!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:02 am 
Too Big to Fail

dolanbaker wrote:
superman wrote:
GameBlame wrote:

Well the EU has succeeded in importing cheap labour into the wealthier countries, which is exactly what the globalist paymasters wanted. From a UK perspective, they've been importing them from the (former) colonies since the end of WWII, after Brexit, that probably won't change.

Again, that wasn't an EU competence but the non-EU migration policies of member states.

We've been importing abattoir workers from Brazil for nearly two decades if I'm not mistaken.

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 am 
Under CAB Investigation

superman wrote:
GameBlame wrote:

When you use the term EU you mean the central bureaucracy with its institutions and its lingo about "competences". This is the narrowest definition and it's kinda handy. Frequently when something dodgy or shitty gets done you can just say 'oh well that was the national governments. We knew about it, we co-ordinated it, we agreed with it. But it was the national governments.'

This "competence" thing has always had an air of the "mental reservation" that the Catholic Church finds useful in a tight spot. When I use the term EU I mean it's power players not its silos. Merkel is not schizophrenic. There's not two Merkels, one acting for Germany's interests and the other for the EUs.

Even if it's silos had the "competence" to stop Merkel would it
a) do nothing because it instinctively agrees with Merkel about such things
b) do nothing because Merkel is in charge of the most powerful state
c) do nothing because doing nothing is usually the reaction of sclerotic institutions
d) all of the above

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:14 am 
Under CAB Investigation

GameBlame wrote:
This "competence" thing has always had an air of the "mental reservation" that the Catholic Church finds useful in a tight spot. When I use the term EU I mean it's power players not its silos. Merkel is not schizophrenic. There's not two Merkels, one acting for Germany's interests and the other for the EUs.

c) do nothing because doing nothing is usually the reaction of sclerotic institutions
d) all of the above

It's rather convenient blaming the EU for something vaguely "Europe" related.
Might as well blame it for communism, since that came from somewhere European.
If "EU" means "power players within Europe" now, then we can fully forget "escape" as we'll always be under it's influence.
As for the suggestion that making a distinction between "EU" and "vaguely related to Europe" is being Jesuitical, I would suggest that not only is failure to do so sloppy and inaccurate, it is also unnecessary when the term "vaguely connected to Europe (or other more precise terms) could be used.
As for what the EU would do: last i heard, the Austrians (with their presidency) and Danes are trying to develop and coordinate some structures to limit migration - processing centres in North Africa etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:54 am 
Real Estate Developer

Recently somebody asked me why I support membership of the EU since I am into cryptocurrencies and therefore supposedly anti-globalist.

That left me scratching my head.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 am 
IMF'd

dolanbaker wrote:

Well, except that the globalist paymasters ensure that the Social Charter did not become UK law and that the trade unions were broken in low paid industries. If only voters in the UK could have done something to prevent EU laws from being opted out of in Westminster...

edit: oops charter, not chapter

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:49 am 
Under CAB Investigation

superman wrote:
GameBlame wrote:

d) all of the above

It's rather convenient blaming the EU for something vaguely "Europe" related.
Might as well blame it for communism, since that came from somewhere European.
If "EU" means "power players within Europe" now, then we can fully forget "escape" as we'll always be under it's influence.
As for the suggestion that making a distinction between "EU" and "vaguely related to Europe" is being Jesuitical, I would suggest that not only is failure to do so sloppy and inaccurate, it is also unnecessary when the term "vaguely connected to Europe (or other more precise terms) could be used.
As for what the EU would do: last i heard, the Austrians (with their presidency) and Danes are trying to develop and coordinate some structures to limit migration - processing centres in North Africa etc.

Typical mental reservation stuff. When an EU power player explodes the EU's own protocol and understanding on the handling of migrants to the annoyance of her neighbours, she's just "vaguely European" again.

Maybe the Austrians will get Captain von Trapp and their navy to sort it out. What are we in - year 4 ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:31 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

GameBlame wrote:
Typical mental reservation stuff. When an EU power player explodes the EU's own protocol and understanding on the handling of migrants to the annoyance of her neighbours, she's just "vaguely European" again.

Maybe the Austrians will get Captain von Trapp and their navy to sort it out. What are we in - year 4 ?

"When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5372 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478, 479 ... 538  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank