Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5028 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495 ... 503  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gatwick Airport: Majority stake sold to French firm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm 
Nationalised

dolanbaker wrote:
I wonder how Brexit will affect deals like this?

Quote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46691846
A majority stake in Gatwick Airport is to be sold to French operator Vinci Airports for £2.9bn.
Vinci Airports, part of infrastructure group Vinci, will buy 50.01% of the UK's second-busiest airport.
The other 49.99% will be managed by current owners Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP).

Aha, penny drops! That was Vinci trying to get the price down with their drone the other day. :D

Post subject: Re: Gatwick Airport: Majority stake sold to French firm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:03 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

ps200306 wrote:
dolanbaker wrote:
I wonder how Brexit will affect deals like this?

Quote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46691846
A majority stake in Gatwick Airport is to be sold to French operator Vinci Airports for £2.9bn.
Vinci Airports, part of infrastructure group Vinci, will buy 50.01% of the UK's second-busiest airport.
The other 49.99% will be managed by current owners Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP).

Aha, penny drops! That was Vinci trying to get the price down with their drone the other day. :D

You could be right - I thought it was the Israelis gathering some publicity and a sale for their Magic Anti-Drone Dome Technology. :D

Post subject: Re: Britain leaving the European Union.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:41 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

The last post on this thread, a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgJCorhsr64) outlining possible Brexit-related financial crash, just winked out of existence as I was replying to it.

Not sure if it was deliberately deleted or whether it's an issue with the forum database.

Anyway, at 3:00 the claim is made that the Irish government pays 20.5bn a year in debt servicing.

The NTMA says the number is around 6bn.

I don't know much about NIIP, but I suspect the enormous number for Ireland relates to liabilities held by private sector entities in the financial sector.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:16 pm 
Nationalised

Eschatologist wrote:
Not sure if it was deliberately deleted or whether it's an issue with the forum database.

Moderation is not always signalled but in this case, most probably lost some contributions on the 27th due to server outage.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:36 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

D4000 wrote:
Exit 9 wrote:
taipeir wrote:
The UK leaving the EU and weakening the response to Russian aggression is a strategic aim of Putin.

Such paranoia! And unbelievable inside info from the Kremlin!

The arrogance of the losing sides in the Brexit and Clinton campaigns is astounding. Sour grapes aren't in it, they have to make up sinister plots to "hack democracy"! Never mind proof, hysterical accusations will do.

By the way, if you haven't heard of it yet, read about the Integrity Initiative, a UK-intelligence front that uses journalists to spread anti-Russian propaganda. Now that's what I call hacking democracy!

It's entirely possible for there to be both sour grapes and hysteria on the losing side of Brexit and Clinton campaigns and for Russia to be engaging in hybrid warfare against foreign powers.

It's not like the Russian government does not have form of putting out disinformation. Take the absurd explanations the Russians presented for two GRU operatives showing up when the Skripals were poisoned, or the self contradictory MH17 narratives including doctored sat photos and two different Russian radar records.

Russianophiles would need to ask themselves what the Russians are doing if they are not seeking to exploit Brexit.

The Russians wanting Brexit to happen or Trump to be elected doesn't mean they caused the events to happen

I bet there are people in France claiming the yellow jacket protests are controlled from the Kremlin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:37 am 
Private Tenant

the dude wrote:
D4000 wrote:
Exit 9 wrote:
taipeir wrote:
The UK leaving the EU and weakening the response to Russian aggression is a strategic aim of Putin.

Such paranoia! And unbelievable inside info from the Kremlin!

The arrogance of the losing sides in the Brexit and Clinton campaigns is astounding. Sour grapes aren't in it, they have to make up sinister plots to "hack democracy"! Never mind proof, hysterical accusations will do.

By the way, if you haven't heard of it yet, read about the Integrity Initiative, a UK-intelligence front that uses journalists to spread anti-Russian propaganda. Now that's what I call hacking democracy!

It's entirely possible for there to be both sour grapes and hysteria on the losing side of Brexit and Clinton campaigns and for Russia to be engaging in hybrid warfare against foreign powers.

It's not like the Russian government does not have form of putting out disinformation. Take the absurd explanations the Russians presented for two GRU operatives showing up when the Skripals were poisoned, or the self contradictory MH17 narratives including doctored sat photos and two different Russian radar records.

Russianophiles would need to ask themselves what the Russians are doing if they are not seeking to exploit Brexit.

The Russians wanting Brexit to happen or Trump to be elected doesn't mean they caused the events to happen

I bet there are people in France claiming the yellow jacket protests are controlled from the Kremlin

Russia caused Trump's election / Brexit / Gilets Jaunes etc is a strawman argument unworthy of serious consideration.

That does not mean that Russian hybrid warfare is not taking place for numerous purposes.

These include outright disinformation (Skripal poisoning many Russian lies, lies about not invading Ukraine), advance political movements amenable to Russia (the €9m loan to FN in France via First Czech-Russian Bank and seemingly finances to Aaron Banks's Brexit campaign) and exploit pre existing social tensions (encouraging Greek and Macedonian nationalists during the recent attempts to resolve the Macedonian naming dispute).

For the later two examples (promote Russia favourable policies / politicians and exacerbate social tensions) the Russians were in no way inceptive but they certainly, and secretly, interfered.

Unfortunately for Russia it would seem that countries are now taking counter measures (the UK's slow release of Skripal info time and again exposed Russia's lies as farcical and ridiculous) and in qualified success like in the invasion of Ukraine it just drove the country towards the EU.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:44 am 
Nationalised

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2019/0 ... uary-2019/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:42 am 
Homeless

Just looking on the Betfair Exchange and I'm finding the odds a bit puzzling:-

-UK to leave in March 2019 as planned - 8/5.
-A second referendum before 2020 - 2/1.

So both them leaving on time and voting again this year are both longish odds against. There's nothing shorter in their odds so far as I can see. So what are they expecting to happen? Indefinite paralysis which they're not pricing up maybe? Or am I reading this wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:48 am 
Real Estate Developer

It just shows nobody knows really.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 pm 
Homeless

Yes, an unusual market really. No clear favourite but lots of things with a smallish chance of happening, one of which will come through.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5028 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495 ... 503  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank