Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am 
Of Systemic Importance

RTE article updated. they seem to have most of the changes due at 1pm already

ttps://www.rte.ie/news/budget-2019/2018 ... t-outline/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:57 am 
Property Magnate

More here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2019-the-main-points-1.3656850

Quote:
A grant scheme for people who want to convert their homes into smaller units, which could then be rented out, is also expected.

Sources in the Independent Alliance, which favoured such a grant, expect it to be worth €40,000 to €60,000.

So incentivising people to permanently convert three bed semi-ds into two bed and one bed units?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Evil_g wrote:
More here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2019-the-main-points-1.3656850

Quote:
A grant scheme for people who want to convert their homes into smaller units, which could then be rented out, is also expected.

Sources in the Independent Alliance, which favoured such a grant, expect it to be worth €40,000 to €60,000.

So incentivising people to permanently convert three bed semi-ds into two bed and one bed units?

It'll be as successful in its uptake as the 'apartment over the shop' incentives i.e next to no take-up

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Dubhgeannain wrote:
NegativeEquity wrote:
TheJackal wrote:
I think I'm so numnbed by the gobshytery of those governing this place that the thing that most stood out to me was "It will effect more than....", surely "It will affect more than...". The rest of the article contains nothing that surprises me.

I'm a little surprised. What happened to the Carbon tax increase?

When your so keen to never upset anyone for fear of bad media coverage or not enough likes/followers, then there'll be this type of 5hite budget.

As for carbon tax....VRT on diesel vehicles to go up by 1%...raising a whopping €25m

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Fuel prices have gone up about 10c over the last few months thanks to the price of oil rallying, so I am not surprised that the carbon tax increase has been knocked on the head.

The income tax/USC band tinkering is very minor. If you're on €50k a year, then you're only better off by about €200 a year.

The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm 
Too Big to Fail

HouseBuyer wrote:
Fuel prices have gone up about 10c over the last few months thanks to the price of oil rallying, so I am not surprised that the carbon tax increase has been knocked on the head.

The income tax/USC band tinkering is very minor. If you're on €50k a year, then you're only better off by about €200 a year.

The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.

Wasn't it the UK help to buy scheme where the government invested £15billion and hey presto over the next few years the major development companies profits increased by, wait for it, £15billion. But you think our shower of morons would learn from that, no chance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 pm 
Too Big to Fail

HouseBuyer wrote:
... The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.

Text: 53106 – texts cost 30c :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm 
Nationalised

temene wrote:
HouseBuyer wrote:
... The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.

Text: 53106 – texts cost 30c :(

WTF?

Email TD's. Call up to their clinic. Ireland is tiny. TINY!

Peoples perception is warped by the tractor beam of media.

They're no great shakes when you're up close and personal and being incredibly civil, clean and reason but in numbers, they stand not a chance.

The media are their DMZ.

They're nothing without their media bubble.

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:19 pm 
Too Big to Fail

You are right OW.
TDs file my emails in their Bin file, though.

They only need a small # of votes to get elected though!
The lowest number of first preference votes with which any candidate was elected in 2016 were
1,990 (Maureen O’Sullivan, Ind) and 3,226 (Paschal Donohoe, FG), both in the Dublin Central constituency.
In contrast, one candidate (Jennifer Murnane-O’Connor, FF, Carlow–Kilkenny) received 8,373 votes without being elected, and three other unsuccessful candidates (Michelle Mulherin (FG, Mayo), Johnny Mythen (SF, Wexford) and Paudie Coffey (FG, Waterford)) each received more than 7,000 first preferences.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:12 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

110m more announced for the overseas aid budget. Getting close to 1bn now.
More scope for African despots to acquire bigger and better government jets/military capabilities.

Health budget set at a whopping 17bn for next year. Education at 10.8bn. The next crash will really hurt XX

Last edited by FreeFallin on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:22 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

Equality budgeting expert group is being set up to gender and disability proof the budget.

That folks is the level of 5hite we're at in this country

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

NegativeEquity wrote:
HouseBuyer wrote:

Wasn't it the UK help to buy scheme where the government invested £15billion and hey presto over the next few years the major development companies profits increased by, wait for it, £15billion. But you think our shower of morons would learn from that, no chance.

Are you serious, of course they learned from it, or maybe the UK government learned from us

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:35 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Looking for the usual outraged reactions in the comments section of the Journal.

Quote:
Wow the bone idle cant work/wont work get a fiver a week and workers on 50k get 89 a year. Social wefare should be severly cut, it should not enable a lifestyle. It would have been something if the government really gave workers a break.

http://www.thejournal.ie/budget-2019-e5 ... 1-Oct2018/

The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:03 pm 
Too Big to Fail

Interest tax relief for landlords?
I despair at this country really.

Ruminations of a Rain Sozzled Paddy blog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:39 pm 
Nationalised

gaius wrote:
Interest tax relief for landlords?
I despair at this country really.

Why?

It's the same in other countries.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next