Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5225
RTE article updated. they seem to have most of the changes due at 1pm already

ttps://www.rte.ie/news/budget-2019/2018 ... t-outline/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Jan 14, 2009
Posts: 700
More here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2019-the-main-points-1.3656850

Quote:
A grant scheme for people who want to convert their homes into smaller units, which could then be rented out, is also expected.

Sources in the Independent Alliance, which favoured such a grant, expect it to be worth €40,000 to €60,000.


So incentivising people to permanently convert three bed semi-ds into two bed and one bed units?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6078
Location: SthDub
Evil_g wrote:
More here:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/budget-2019-the-main-points-1.3656850

Quote:
A grant scheme for people who want to convert their homes into smaller units, which could then be rented out, is also expected.

Sources in the Independent Alliance, which favoured such a grant, expect it to be worth €40,000 to €60,000.


So incentivising people to permanently convert three bed semi-ds into two bed and one bed units?

It'll be as successful in its uptake as the 'apartment over the shop' incentives i.e next to no take-up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6078
Location: SthDub
Dubhgeannain wrote:
NegativeEquity wrote:
TheJackal wrote:
I think I'm so numnbed by the gobshytery of those governing this place that the thing that most stood out to me was "It will effect more than....", surely "It will affect more than...". The rest of the article contains nothing that surprises me.


I'm a little surprised. What happened to the Carbon tax increase?


When your so keen to never upset anyone for fear of bad media coverage or not enough likes/followers, then there'll be this type of 5hite budget.

As for carbon tax....VRT on diesel vehicles to go up by 1%...raising a whopping €25m


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Feb 8, 2007
Posts: 5203
Fuel prices have gone up about 10c over the last few months thanks to the price of oil rallying, so I am not surprised that the carbon tax increase has been knocked on the head.

The income tax/USC band tinkering is very minor. If you're on €50k a year, then you're only better off by about €200 a year.

The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Mar 7, 2012
Posts: 3366
Location: Lovely Leitrim
HouseBuyer wrote:
Fuel prices have gone up about 10c over the last few months thanks to the price of oil rallying, so I am not surprised that the carbon tax increase has been knocked on the head.

The income tax/USC band tinkering is very minor. If you're on €50k a year, then you're only better off by about €200 a year.

The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.


Wasn't it the UK help to buy scheme where the government invested £15billion and hey presto over the next few years the major development companies profits increased by, wait for it, £15billion. But you think our shower of morons would learn from that, no chance.

_________________
If Monday was a browser it'd be IE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 8, 2008
Posts: 3646
Location: Cathair na dTreabh
HouseBuyer wrote:
... The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.

Text: 53106 – texts cost 30c :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 1, 1970
Posts: 23317
temene wrote:
HouseBuyer wrote:
... The real stinker in this budget is the €300m subsidy that is being handed to developers. Hope you all have your phones ready and you are texting into Newstalk and the like to expose the fallacy that this measure will help first time buyers.

Text: 53106 – texts cost 30c :(


WTF?

Email TD's. Call up to their clinic. Ireland is tiny. TINY!

Peoples perception is warped by the tractor beam of media.

They're no great shakes when you're up close and personal and being incredibly civil, clean and reason but in numbers, they stand not a chance.

The media are their DMZ.

They're nothing without their media bubble.

_________________
Follow The Pin - https://twitter.com/dailypinster

"Politicians are always realistically maneuvering for the next election. They are obsolete as fundamental problem-solvers." - Buckminster Fuller

"I was comfortable with a couple of banks being married today, instead i wake up and find I'm married to the banks." - Catbear

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 8, 2008
Posts: 3646
Location: Cathair na dTreabh
You are right OW.
TDs file my emails in their Bin file, though.

They only need a small # of votes to get elected though!
The lowest number of first preference votes with which any candidate was elected in 2016 were
1,990 (Maureen O’Sullivan, Ind) and 3,226 (Paschal Donohoe, FG), both in the Dublin Central constituency.
In contrast, one candidate (Jennifer Murnane-O’Connor, FF, Carlow–Kilkenny) received 8,373 votes without being elected, and three other unsuccessful candidates (Michelle Mulherin (FG, Mayo), Johnny Mythen (SF, Wexford) and Paudie Coffey (FG, Waterford)) each received more than 7,000 first preferences.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Budget 2019
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6078
Location: SthDub
110m more announced for the overseas aid budget. Getting close to 1bn now.
More scope for African despots to acquire bigger and better government jets/military capabilities.

Health budget set at a whopping 17bn for next year. Education at 10.8bn. The next crash will really hurt XX


Last edited by FreeFallin on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Central Bank

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com