Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Property Prices Ireland. » Dublin South - Property Price Drops

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coolattin, 292 Rathmines Road Lower (-55k, -6.5%)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Terra Incognita wrote:
bml wrote:
According to the register it went for €760k in 2011.

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/we ... enDocument

Very nice inside but would think they would have been better off spending their money renovating a house on a quieter road.

Lazy of me not to check the register.

I wonder what the back story is here. The renovation must have cost well in excess of €125k the break even point if you sell it at the asking.

Must be a failed investment or voluntary liquidation.

Given whats written in this tread I think it was probably sold in 2011 in fully renovated condition like it is now. Probably the previous owners were the one who took the big hit. Interesting that the current owners only held on to it for two years before deciding to sell it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:10 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

bml wrote:
Terra Incognita wrote:
bml wrote:
According to the register it went for €760k in 2011.

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/we ... enDocument

Very nice inside but would think they would have been better off spending their money renovating a house on a quieter road.

Lazy of me not to check the register.

I wonder what the back story is here. The renovation must have cost well in excess of €125k the break even point if you sell it at the asking.

Must be a failed investment or voluntary liquidation.

Given whats written in this tread I think it was probably sold in 2011 in fully renovated condition like it is now. Probably the previous owners were the one who took the big hit. Interesting that the current owners only held on to it for two years before deciding to sell it.

Probably didn't like carting the shopping up those steps from a car parked roux the corner. Still if they get the asking or near it that would be a nice flip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:46 pm 
Homeless

So new to this. Had posted but it failed. Looking at other properties now. Sister may be moving home. This one she loves but out of price range. Don't agree with shopping issue. I live in Rathmines with 3 kids and rarely do weekly shop. Between aldi, lidl, Tesco and dunnes I run out of all of them constantly coming from work so never ever bring the car with me. That's why I love rathmines as opposed to posher ranelagh! It has everything. I'm from the country so parking a non issue there but have grown to accept parking majority if timed accept issue in Dublin in these houses. Don't all nice houses have granite steps! Mine has & love them!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:11 pm 
Single Home Owner

Shopping would certainly not be a problem given that there is a Tesco about 50 meters away (and an Aldi and Lidl within 200). Lovely house. Might not suit a family with a gaggle of kids but you could bring up one or two very comfortably.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:31 am 
Single Home Owner

Man, it is real deja vue round here. I haven't been on in a while, but when I joined the pin this was one of the houses I was looking at. So, same house, property bubbling up again and same questions. The house was as nicely renovated when it sold the last time so something funny about this one I think. The lack of parking was a show-stopper for me (my 2 rules: always have parking, and don' live in somebody's garden (i.e. mews)). I bought just down the road from this in Leinster Square and parking would be a nightmare for this place. The only semi-practical option I can think of would be to rent a spot in the swan center a minute away, but wait until you have to drag stuff back. But its a lovely house, in a great area (not everyone likes Rathmines I know, but to put it bluntly - they're wrong :)

But, no parking and overlooked garden just off the main road - no sale.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:04 pm 
Property Magnate

I live close by with 3 kids, and would happily move into this house in the morning, as it would be about 4 or 5 times bigger than what we currently have. I'd haul my trusty French 'caddy' with my shopping up the steps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:38 pm 
Planning Tribunal Attendee

'Resident disk parking for 3 cars on Charleville Road - one minute away' in the ad. Not sure how the residents of this road will feel about having 3 parking spaces given away to distant neighbours. In any case there is usually a 2 disk limit per house - I wonder how these disks were obtained?

If there is a problem with this house it may relate to sewage. Many landlords have (illegally) built over sewage access in this area and when the Swan river (that runs under Rathmines) floods then all sorts of problems arise. If you are thinking of buying I would get that aspect checked out (your surveyor should be aware of these issues in any case).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:07 pm 
Neo Landlord

metalmike wrote:
'Resident disk parking for 3 cars on Charleville Road - one minute away' in the ad. Not sure how the residents of this road will feel about having 3 parking spaces given away to distant neighbours. In any case there is usually a 2 disk limit per house - I wonder how these disks were obtained?

Previously Dublin City Council bye-laws permitted 3 units per single unit house in a heavy demand area so I would say they quite legitimately have 3 discs. When a road gets disc parking now it is a max of 2 discs per single unit house in a heavy demand area.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 pm 
Homeless

Sold I see.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:31 pm 
Nationalised

Sold for 785k
http://propertypriceregisterireland.com ... nd-100314/

"It is irresponsible to suggest that the ‘negative equity’ scenario that occurred in the late 1980’s in the UK could occur in Ireland" - Marie Hunt, Director of Research, CB Richard Ellis - Press Release 17/Apr/2007

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » Property Prices Ireland. » Dublin South - Property Price Drops