Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline
Planning Tribunal Attendee

Joined: Nov 8, 2006
Posts: 1255
Location: D4 hob-nob..ex Dublin NW sub-district Gurraland
RTE wrote:
The new mortgages are expected to be equivalent to the existing ones, which were for properties costing an average of €260,000.


Now the market in D13 has up to 90 new buyers with 200k(perhaps?) mortgages who can afford houses(as opposed to yrs ago) at present market prices. Fair?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:10 pm 
Offline
Homeless

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 10
gurramok wrote:
RTE wrote:
The new mortgages are expected to be equivalent to the existing ones, which were for properties costing an average of €260,000.


Now the market in D13 has up to 90 new buyers with 200k(perhaps?) mortgages who can afford houses(as opposed to yrs ago) at present market prices. Fair?

No.

Another possible discrepancy is between the treatment of owner occupiers and BTL owners there. Look at the hypothetical difference between the financial situation now of two different people who bought apartments there. Person A bought the apartment and lived in it. Person B decided to rent it for a few years first, while working elsewhere / living with parents / serving out a 5 year contract overseas or whatever. Now, am I reading reports in the media correctly that person A gets bailed out while person B does not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jun 24, 2010
Posts: 2043
Location: Dublin 12
resaan wrote:
gurramok wrote:
RTE wrote:
The new mortgages are expected to be equivalent to the existing ones, which were for properties costing an average of €260,000.


Now the market in D13 has up to 90 new buyers with 200k(perhaps?) mortgages who can afford houses(as opposed to yrs ago) at present market prices. Fair?

No.

Another possible discrepancy is between the treatment of owner occupiers and BTL owners there. Look at the hypothetical difference between the financial situation now of two different people who bought apartments there. Person A bought the apartment and lived in it. Person B decided to rent it for a few years first, while working elsewhere / living with parents / serving out a 5 year contract overseas or whatever. Now, am I reading reports in the media correctly that person A gets bailed out while person B does not?

I doubt if many 'Borrow to Let' buyers ever intended.to live there now!
Speculation has its risks as well as its rewards!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 pm 
Offline
Homeless

Joined: Sep 20, 2013
Posts: 10
Tis Meself wrote:
I doubt if many 'Borrow to Let' buyers ever intended.to live there now!

Nevertheless some people do buy and have bought property and for whatever reason may have decided to rent it out for a few years before possibly living there themselves. They may have thought they were saving more and being more financially prudent than someone who moved in straight away. I am being devils advocate and pointing out that such a person is now stuck with the apartment and debt there, while their neighbour in the same block is not. Fair?

Tis Meself wrote:
Speculation has its risks as well as its rewards!

Correct, putting money in to bricks and mortar in Ireland was / is extremely speculative, and people should not speculate. Look what happens when they did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:33 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Apr 20, 2009
Posts: 4772
Location: location location
I don't think it's fair that they are treating btl differently, also there were two cash buyers (yes, you heard right) do they get nothing?

And if you paid 20% deposit what's the story? A new 100% mortgage where you used to have 20%.....i know it's slightly moot with ne but I'm not sure it's entirely fair. The transport the mortgage proposal was much more sensible.

Basically the solution should result in the owners ending up in homes with the same financial situation they faced prior to the shitstorm......as if priory hall never existed. Remove the owners from the picture and then start the recriminations

_________________
I dream of a better tomorrow, a place where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17351
Location: To the right of the decimal place
McFeely pays 24k to settle debt and avoid court. Origin of money a mystery.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 41085.html

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:58 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Mar 7, 2012
Posts: 3346
Location: Lovely Leitrim
Mantissa wrote:
McFeely pays 24k to settle debt and avoid court. Origin of money a mystery.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 41085.html


He must have more than 1 bathtub.

_________________
If Monday was a browser it'd be IE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Aug 4, 2007
Posts: 5294
Location: Ahernistan
NegativeEquity wrote:
Mantissa wrote:
McFeely pays 24k to settle debt and avoid court. Origin of money a mystery.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/co ... 41085.html


He must have more than 1 bathtub.


Dig out ?

Won it on the ponies ?

All well established & plausible sources of income :x :x :x

_________________
"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Tues 25 Feb 2235 BBC1
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:14 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 8, 2008
Posts: 3529
Location: Cathair na dTreabh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:12 pm 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Feb 17, 2013
Posts: 870
Queue now to be top of the line in November, for your chance to own a piece of Dublin housing history:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/priory ... 8-Mar2015/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:18 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17351
Location: To the right of the decimal place
Wait, it also has pyrite? Was this thing built on an ancient Viking burial ground or something?

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:27 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Apr 20, 2009
Posts: 4772
Location: location location
pm1977 wrote:
Queue now to be top of the line in November, for your chance to own a piece of Dublin housing history:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/priory ... 8-Mar2015/


No truth in the rumours that they're renaming it? I think the two possible runners are 'Fiery Hall' and 'Pyritey Hall'
:-GC

_________________
I dream of a better tomorrow, a place where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 am 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Feb 17, 2013
Posts: 870
Homemaker wrote:
pm1977 wrote:
Queue now to be top of the line in November, for your chance to own a piece of Dublin housing history:

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/priory ... 8-Mar2015/


No truth in the rumours that they're renaming it? I think the two possible runners are 'Fiery Hall' and 'Pyritey Hall'
:-GC


Gorse Hall has a certain ring to it... :-GC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Posts: 3609
Location: Bogtrotterland!
They're better off renaming it Alcatraz, after all it's still a "ball & chain" for many of the former inmates.

_________________
"Democracy is like sausage, you want it, but you don't want to know how it is made". [John Godfrey Saxe]
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
"To be precise, my mistake. Humans are underrated": Elon Musk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Receiver appointed to Priory Hall development in Dublin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:13 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jan 4, 2013
Posts: 17351
Location: To the right of the decimal place
dolanbaker wrote:
They're better off renaming it Alcatraz, after all it's still a "ball & chain" for many of the former inmates.


But they got a "get out of jail free" card didn't they? They essentially sold the properties to the state for full price. Or do I misremember?

_________________
— Try, fail, understand, win. —


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS   

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster

  

Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!