Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:26 pm 
Nationalised

HiFi wrote:
I remember a few years back reading that John Kelly was on several hundred thousand grand...
Na céadta milliún?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Coles2 wrote:
HiFi wrote:
I remember a few years back reading that John Kelly was on several hundred thousand grand...
Na céadta milliún?

Sorry, I'm from the English-speaking part of Dublin.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:42 pm 
Property Magnate

Coles2 wrote:
HiFi wrote:
Na céadta milliún?

Na céadta míle mar a tharlaíonn - out by a factor of 1000!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 pm 
Nationalised

HiFi wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
HiFi wrote:
Na céadta milliún?

Ní gá duit a labhairt i mBéarla in aon chuid de Bhaile Átha Cliath. Is féidir leat Gaeilge a labhairt in áit ar bith anois.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:41 am 
Too Big to Fail

Coles2 wrote:
HiFi wrote:
Coles2 wrote:
HiFi wrote:
Na céadta milliún?

Ní gá duit a labhairt i mBéarla in aon chuid de Bhaile Átha Cliath. Is féidir leat Gaeilge a labhairt in áit ar bith anois.

Coles, according to the census there are 1.5 million people who can speak Irish. I imagine that this is the number who can actually speak Irish as opposed to those who learned it in school but can't speak it within a few years of graduating. I fall into the latter category having had good spoken and written Irish at one time but now I have to read your line above a few times to understand it completely. And I could not properly give directions to someone now on the fly. Do you think there are really 1.5 million people who can speak it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:14 am 
Too Big to Fail

I've only heard one Irish conversation in Kilkenny in the last ten years. A friend who's in to her Irish tried to start up a weekly Irish language social evening in a local pub, a few Irish teachers turned up and it didn't last very long.

I dealt a lot with the public and when someone greeted me in Irish I'd asked if they could speak it, the usual response was "like fuck I do". Now this thread is about Pat Kenny, I agree, he's a complete.........

Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are doomed to watch everyone else repeating it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm 
Property Magnate

Location: Can't read beyond 12 year old level, especially Russian.
A lot of people seem confused about the 30% paycut, many think it's on top of the cuts the top guys already took, when it is an broadening of the scope of the cut, i.e. no change to Pat Kenny but now applies to other less well paid staff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm 
Of Systemic Importance

So can we expect a Mr Duffy from D4 to be calling into LiveLine during the week to complain about how the cuts are hurting ordinary decent working people & not the Banker scum who got us into the shite ? :x

"Mr Kelly said Ireland’s “reputational capital” had been damaged by “chancers” such as ex-Anglo Irish Bank chairman Seán FitzPatrick, who had been abetted by “buffoons” such as former financial regulator Patrick Neary, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan and the Taoiseach." - Irish Times 13th Jan 2009

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:46 pm 
Nationalised

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... 0?mode=amp

Plank objects to proposed apartments by his gaff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 pm 
Single Home Owner

Long time coming after the court battle but 10 years later, we've got boomtime prices and we're back in business
Quote:
In August, property firm, Bartra Capital Property - founded by developer Richard Barrett - paid €3.1m for the Maple Tree House site adjacent to the Kennys’ home and also bought a separate and adjoining 0.51 acre site

Their objection is clear:
Quote:
any densification of brownfield lands must be balanced with respect for the receiving environment of established residential properties.

That's high quality jargon; even Ireland's best paid presenter would pay good money for that 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8