Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:37 am 
Under CAB Investigation

i wonder what the irish rugby team would think of planks comments?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:12 am 
Of Systemic Importance

Quote:
Tubridy tipped for permanent move to BBC after accepting Christmas slot

RYAN Tubridy is returning to the BBC this Christmas, fuelling speculation he is contemplating a permanent move away from RTE.

The 37-year-old has agreed to sacrifice his Christmas holidays and will also miss out on some family time with his two daughters Ella (12) and Julia (7). It is not known how much he is being paid to take over a radio slot that commands an audience of six million.

Despite haemorrhaging a third of listeners from his 2fm show in the past year, Mr Tubridy enjoyed impressive ratings when he filled in for Graham Norton this summer.

Now bosses at the Beeb have asked him to take over a more high-profile weekday slot on Radio 2 from presenter Ken Bruce from Tuesday December 27 to Friday December 30 -- a clear indication they may be considering offering him a full-time role.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 20556.html

Something positive anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:22 am 
Real Estate Developer

Not if you live in the UK :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:00 pm 
Neo Landlord

Normally I consider Pat to simply be an excessive waste of taxpayers money. Now, however he has enraged me. Where he says "these people put themselves on the line", is he trying to associate himself with people who actually put themselves on the line? When is the last time you walked into a fire to pull someone out Pat? Or waded through dangerous flood waters to bring them to safety? When is the last time he picked up bloodied or overdosed citizens off the street in a near riot situation to take them to hospital? In the middle of the night, Christmas night perhaps? For a take home pay of around 2,300 per month, with no medical benefits when his back gives out from wear and tear lifting people? Get a grip Pat. Apologies if I am ranting, just off a seventeen hour shift and have no time for his shite. (Also, I'm not complaining in any sense about my own pay, it is absolutely adequate, its the inequality and his whingeing defense of his ridiculous salary that's annoying me.) Grrr.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 pm 
Property Magnate

Location: Can't read beyond 12 year old level, especially Russian.
Have a look at this role, look at the education requirements, the many extra hours and stress all for a few quid (60-70k package)

Then imagine the easy old life the RTE crew have compared to this life shortening poverty role.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&j ... j_ad_title

Senior IT Infrastructure Architect
Technology group www.rte.fr - Dublin (Ireland)
Job Description
Job summary

This position is for an Infrastructure Architect who will be a key member of our Engineering Team. Responsibilities will include participating in business development activities as a Solution Architect, delivery oversight and governance, technical reviews and staff development activities. The Infrastructure Architect will act as a technical advisor for issue resolution will play a role in initiatives for the growing organization.

Job duties

The person will be responsible for implementation and use of tools, methods and techniques to report on, manage and plan capacity for the company’s technology infrastructure assets

Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for us.
Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
24/7 delivery solutions
Escalation Management: identify, mange, and lead escalations internally (support/R&D) and external
Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer or internal Information Technology infrastructure needs.
Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing complex issues. Trusted advisor inside technology area and recognized outside team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for Large customers/groups of customers
Manage telecommunications infrastructure: Local and remote circuits; customer facing and internal, etc.
Manage network infrastructure: LAN, WAN, Internet circuits; firewalls, routers, hubs, switches, etc.
Manage server Infrastructure: Internal servers including but not limited to Windows Servers.
Manage virtual infrastructure (Hyper V/Cluster)
Storage Infrastructure: SAN/NAS, Locally-attached storage
Web Servers: ASP, Load Balancers, appliances, etc.
Data Center: Space, power, and cooling
Co-Location: Space, power, and cooling
Database: SQL server, mirroring/cluster
Custom Applications: In house developed applications, modified applications, etc
Back up strategy and archiving/audit trail
Research new technologies and present recommendations and justifications on hardware and software purchases.
Evaluate new hardware/software and services.
Develop standards (e.g. naming conventions, system configuration, methods and practices, etc.) for server assets.
Promote teamwork within the team and foster cooperation with other groups and departments.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience Required:

Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field. Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 8+ years of relevant experience

Knowledge and Skills Required / Key Skills:

Min 10 years of infrastructure experience
Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities as solution architect
Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following areas with strong understanding of:
Network Architecture (WAN / LAN / Capacity Planning / Data Center topologies) and
Database Technologies (MS SQL)
Storage Architecture ( HP)
Strong knowledge of operating systems including Windows
Strong knowledge of Virtualization technologies including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, and other virtualization technologies.
Knowledge of security tools and products (Active Directory, DFS, DNS…)
Experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues (performance and security issues for example)
Microsoft, Cisco certifications a plus
Strong telecoms/fax knowledge significant plus
French language skills a plus
Company Description
We are a leading European technology company delivering a portfolio of cloud services to businesses. This new role is in the scope of creating its new main technology platform in Ireland to support the next phase of international growth in Europe.
Additional Information
Posted: October 5, 2011
Type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Information Technology
Industries: Internet
Compensation: 60-70k€ package depending experience
Job ID: 2036122

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:26 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

mylovelyhorse wrote:
Normally I consider Pat to simply be an excessive waste of taxpayers money. Now, however he has enraged me. Where he says "these people put themselves on the line", is he trying to associate himself with people who actually put themselves on the line? When is the last time you walked into a fire to pull someone out Pat? Or waded through dangerous flood waters to bring them to safety? When is the last time he picked up bloodied or overdosed citizens off the street in a near riot situation to take them to hospital? In the middle of the night, Christmas night perhaps? For a take home pay of around 2,300 per month, with no medical benefits when his back gives out from wear and tear lifting people? Get a grip Pat. Apologies if I am ranting, just off a seventeen hour shift and have no time for his shite. (Also, I'm not complaining in any sense about my own pay, it is absolutely adequate, its the inequality and his whingeing defense of his ridiculous salary that's annoying me.) Grrr.

Apology accepted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:29 pm 
Neo Landlord

TheEmigrant wrote:
mylovelyhorse wrote:

Apology accepted.

High-larious. Have you considered a career in showbusiness? I believe the terms in the state broadcaster are quite good, and you would fit right in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:43 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

gwavin wrote:
TheEmigrant wrote:
mylovelyhorse wrote:

Apology accepted.

High-larious. Have you considered a career in showbusiness? I believe the terms in the state broadcaster are quite good, and you would fit right in.

Touché.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 am 
Too Big to Fail

tea drinker wrote:
Have a look at this role, look at the education requirements, the many extra hours and stress all for a few quid (60-70k package)

Quote:
Job summary
Must be very brainy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am 
Under CAB Investigation

Plank on the frontline. "If we didn't pay the 700million and if we don't pay the 1.2billion due in January, then that's 2.9 billion we have saved".

:roll:

I guess when you have taxpayers cash coming out your arse you don't have to worry about household budgets and maths and stuff. And if you want something you can always steal it. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 am 
Under CAB Investigation

FB2 wrote:
Plank on the frontline. "If we didn't pay the 700million and if we don't pay the 1.2billion due in January, then that's 2.9 billion we have saved".

:roll:

I guess when you have taxpayers cash coming out your arse you don't have to worry about household budgets and maths and stuff. And if you want something you can always steal it. 8)

But Plank is a qualified engineer for fex sake!
With those kind of maths he shoulda been an economist! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 am 
Nationalised

Kenny: I'm working a lot harder for lot less -> http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 33648.html

Quote:
Pat Kenny and his wife last night broke their silence to defend his position as the highest paid star in RTE -- and claimed he is now working harder than ever.
But the 61-year-old star of TV and radio insisted he would never "put a gun to RTE's head" and accepted that, regardless of any negotiations, his and other presenters' fees would inevitably drop further.
Figures released last Friday reveal he was paid €729,604 in 2009 by the state broadcaster, down €221,372, or 23pc, on 2008 when his fees were €950,976.

there is more

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 am 
Under CAB Investigation

BoyRacer wrote:
Kenny: I'm working a lot harder for lot less -> http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 33648.html

Quote:
Pat Kenny and his wife last night broke their silence to defend his position as the highest paid star in RTE -- and claimed he is now working harder than ever.
But the 61-year-old star of TV and radio insisted he would never "put a gun to RTE's head" and accepted that, regardless of any negotiations, his and other presenters' fees would inevitably drop further.
Figures released last Friday reveal he was paid €729,604 in 2009 by the state broadcaster, down €221,372, or 23pc, on 2008 when his fees were €950,976.

there is more

or up 20,000 on his 2007 wage. Poor old cow patt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:23 pm 
Nationalised

And.....CUT! That's a wrap folks.
Quote:
RTE has announced that it will cut top presenters' pay by a minimum of 30% and close its London office as it seeks to reduce costs by up to €25 million by the end of 2013.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm 
Under CAB Investigation

Coles2 wrote:
And.....CUT! That's a wrap folks.
Quote:
RTE has announced that it will cut top presenters' pay by a minimum of 30% and close its London office as it seeks to reduce costs by up to €25 million by the end of 2013.

Not before time! I remember a few years back reading that John Kelly was on several hundred thousand grand for, basically playing his favourite music on the radio for an hour a day, and hosting a weekly roundtable chat about movies, photographic exhibitions and the latest novels etc. I like the guy and he's got good taste in music but a job like that is worth about the same as a middle-ranking Civil Servant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next