Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:37 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Jul 6, 2006
Posts: 2021
i wonder what the irish rugby team would think of planks comments?

_________________
Join me and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:12 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Jun 9, 2008
Posts: 7097
Quote:
Tubridy tipped for permanent move to BBC after accepting Christmas slot

RYAN Tubridy is returning to the BBC this Christmas, fuelling speculation he is contemplating a permanent move away from RTE.

The 37-year-old has agreed to sacrifice his Christmas holidays and will also miss out on some family time with his two daughters Ella (12) and Julia (7). It is not known how much he is being paid to take over a radio slot that commands an audience of six million.

Despite haemorrhaging a third of listeners from his 2fm show in the past year, Mr Tubridy enjoyed impressive ratings when he filled in for Graham Norton this summer.

Now bosses at the Beeb have asked him to take over a more high-profile weekday slot on Radio 2 from presenter Ken Bruce from Tuesday December 27 to Friday December 30 -- a clear indication they may be considering offering him a full-time role.


http://www.independent.ie/entertainment ... 20556.html

Something positive anyway.

_________________
“Don't ask the barber if you need a haircut—and don’t ask an academic if what he does is relevant.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:22 am 
Offline
Real Estate Developer

Joined: Aug 13, 2009
Posts: 916
Not if you live in the UK :lol:

_________________
"The problem with Pinsters is that they have a grossly underdeveloped sense of entitlement" - Enoch Root


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:00 pm 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Mar 4, 2010
Posts: 221
Normally I consider Pat to simply be an excessive waste of taxpayers money. Now, however he has enraged me. Where he says "these people put themselves on the line", is he trying to associate himself with people who actually put themselves on the line? When is the last time you walked into a fire to pull someone out Pat? Or waded through dangerous flood waters to bring them to safety? When is the last time he picked up bloodied or overdosed citizens off the street in a near riot situation to take them to hospital? In the middle of the night, Christmas night perhaps? For a take home pay of around 2,300 per month, with no medical benefits when his back gives out from wear and tear lifting people? Get a grip Pat. Apologies if I am ranting, just off a seventeen hour shift and have no time for his shite. (Also, I'm not complaining in any sense about my own pay, it is absolutely adequate, its the inequality and his whingeing defense of his ridiculous salary that's annoying me.) Grrr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 pm 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: May 24, 2007
Posts: 715
Location: Can't read beyond 12 year old level, especially Russian.
Have a look at this role, look at the education requirements, the many extra hours and stress all for a few quid (60-70k package)

Then imagine the easy old life the RTE crew have compared to this life shortening poverty role.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&j ... j_ad_title

Senior IT Infrastructure Architect
Technology group www.rte.fr - Dublin (Ireland)
Job Description
Job summary

This position is for an Infrastructure Architect who will be a key member of our Engineering Team. Responsibilities will include participating in business development activities as a Solution Architect, delivery oversight and governance, technical reviews and staff development activities. The Infrastructure Architect will act as a technical advisor for issue resolution will play a role in initiatives for the growing organization.



Job duties

The person will be responsible for implementation and use of tools, methods and techniques to report on, manage and plan capacity for the company’s technology infrastructure assets

Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for us.
Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
24/7 delivery solutions
Escalation Management: identify, mange, and lead escalations internally (support/R&D) and external
Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer or internal Information Technology infrastructure needs.
Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing complex issues. Trusted advisor inside technology area and recognized outside team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for Large customers/groups of customers
Manage telecommunications infrastructure: Local and remote circuits; customer facing and internal, etc.
Manage network infrastructure: LAN, WAN, Internet circuits; firewalls, routers, hubs, switches, etc.
Manage server Infrastructure: Internal servers including but not limited to Windows Servers.
Manage virtual infrastructure (Hyper V/Cluster)
Storage Infrastructure: SAN/NAS, Locally-attached storage
Web Servers: ASP, Load Balancers, appliances, etc.
Data Center: Space, power, and cooling
Co-Location: Space, power, and cooling
Database: SQL server, mirroring/cluster
Custom Applications: In house developed applications, modified applications, etc
Back up strategy and archiving/audit trail
Research new technologies and present recommendations and justifications on hardware and software purchases.
Evaluate new hardware/software and services.
Develop standards (e.g. naming conventions, system configuration, methods and practices, etc.) for server assets.
Promote teamwork within the team and foster cooperation with other groups and departments.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education and Experience Required:

Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field. Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 8+ years of relevant experience



Knowledge and Skills Required / Key Skills:

Min 10 years of infrastructure experience
Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities as solution architect
Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following areas with strong understanding of:
Network Architecture (WAN / LAN / Capacity Planning / Data Center topologies) and
Database Technologies (MS SQL)
Storage Architecture ( HP)
Strong knowledge of operating systems including Windows
Strong knowledge of Virtualization technologies including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, and other virtualization technologies.
Knowledge of security tools and products (Active Directory, DFS, DNS…)
Experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues (performance and security issues for example)
Microsoft, Cisco certifications a plus
Strong telecoms/fax knowledge significant plus
French language skills a plus
Company Description
We are a leading European technology company delivering a portfolio of cloud services to businesses. This new role is in the scope of creating its new main technology platform in Ireland to support the next phase of international growth in Europe.
Additional Information
Posted: October 5, 2011
Type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Information Technology
Industries: Internet
Compensation: 60-70k€ package depending experience
Job ID: 2036122

_________________
!!!Property P1n Str0ng!!! Crew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:26 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Sep 14, 2009
Posts: 2002
mylovelyhorse wrote:
Normally I consider Pat to simply be an excessive waste of taxpayers money. Now, however he has enraged me. Where he says "these people put themselves on the line", is he trying to associate himself with people who actually put themselves on the line? When is the last time you walked into a fire to pull someone out Pat? Or waded through dangerous flood waters to bring them to safety? When is the last time he picked up bloodied or overdosed citizens off the street in a near riot situation to take them to hospital? In the middle of the night, Christmas night perhaps? For a take home pay of around 2,300 per month, with no medical benefits when his back gives out from wear and tear lifting people? Get a grip Pat. Apologies if I am ranting, just off a seventeen hour shift and have no time for his shite. (Also, I'm not complaining in any sense about my own pay, it is absolutely adequate, its the inequality and his whingeing defense of his ridiculous salary that's annoying me.) Grrr.

Apology accepted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:29 pm 
Offline
Neo Landlord

Joined: Aug 2, 2009
Posts: 290
Location: Bizarroworld
TheEmigrant wrote:
mylovelyhorse wrote:
Normally I consider Pat to simply be an excessive waste of taxpayers money. Now, however he has enraged me. Where he says "these people put themselves on the line", is he trying to associate himself with people who actually put themselves on the line? When is the last time you walked into a fire to pull someone out Pat? Or waded through dangerous flood waters to bring them to safety? When is the last time he picked up bloodied or overdosed citizens off the street in a near riot situation to take them to hospital? In the middle of the night, Christmas night perhaps? For a take home pay of around 2,300 per month, with no medical benefits when his back gives out from wear and tear lifting people? Get a grip Pat. Apologies if I am ranting, just off a seventeen hour shift and have no time for his shite. (Also, I'm not complaining in any sense about my own pay, it is absolutely adequate, its the inequality and his whingeing defense of his ridiculous salary that's annoying me.) Grrr.

Apology accepted.


High-larious. Have you considered a career in showbusiness? I believe the terms in the state broadcaster are quite good, and you would fit right in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:43 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Sep 14, 2009
Posts: 2002
gwavin wrote:
TheEmigrant wrote:
mylovelyhorse wrote:
Normally I consider Pat to simply be an excessive waste of taxpayers money. Now, however he has enraged me. Where he says "these people put themselves on the line", is he trying to associate himself with people who actually put themselves on the line? When is the last time you walked into a fire to pull someone out Pat? Or waded through dangerous flood waters to bring them to safety? When is the last time he picked up bloodied or overdosed citizens off the street in a near riot situation to take them to hospital? In the middle of the night, Christmas night perhaps? For a take home pay of around 2,300 per month, with no medical benefits when his back gives out from wear and tear lifting people? Get a grip Pat. Apologies if I am ranting, just off a seventeen hour shift and have no time for his shite. (Also, I'm not complaining in any sense about my own pay, it is absolutely adequate, its the inequality and his whingeing defense of his ridiculous salary that's annoying me.) Grrr.

Apology accepted.


High-larious. Have you considered a career in showbusiness? I believe the terms in the state broadcaster are quite good, and you would fit right in.

Touché.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Jun 20, 2010
Posts: 3052
tea drinker wrote:
Have a look at this role, look at the education requirements, the many extra hours and stress all for a few quid (60-70k package)


Quote:
Job summary
Must be very brainy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posts: 2058
Plank on the frontline. "If we didn't pay the 700million and if we don't pay the 1.2billion due in January, then that's 2.9 billion we have saved".

:roll:

I guess when you have taxpayers cash coming out your arse you don't have to worry about household budgets and maths and stuff. And if you want something you can always steal it. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 1, 2008
Posts: 2887
Location: God's Country
FB2 wrote:
Plank on the frontline. "If we didn't pay the 700million and if we don't pay the 1.2billion due in January, then that's 2.9 billion we have saved".

:roll:

I guess when you have taxpayers cash coming out your arse you don't have to worry about household budgets and maths and stuff. And if you want something you can always steal it. 8)



But Plank is a qualified engineer for fex sake!
With those kind of maths he shoulda been an economist! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: Jul 26, 2009
Posts: 14892
Kenny: I'm working a lot harder for lot less -> http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 33648.html

Quote:
Pat Kenny and his wife last night broke their silence to defend his position as the highest paid star in RTE -- and claimed he is now working harder than ever.
But the 61-year-old star of TV and radio insisted he would never "put a gun to RTE's head" and accepted that, regardless of any negotiations, his and other presenters' fees would inevitably drop further.
Figures released last Friday reveal he was paid €729,604 in 2009 by the state broadcaster, down €221,372, or 23pc, on 2008 when his fees were €950,976.

there is more


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation
User avatar

Joined: Aug 27, 2011
Posts: 2001
Location: Local bubble zone
BoyRacer wrote:
Kenny: I'm working a lot harder for lot less -> http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 33648.html

Quote:
Pat Kenny and his wife last night broke their silence to defend his position as the highest paid star in RTE -- and claimed he is now working harder than ever.
But the 61-year-old star of TV and radio insisted he would never "put a gun to RTE's head" and accepted that, regardless of any negotiations, his and other presenters' fees would inevitably drop further.
Figures released last Friday reveal he was paid €729,604 in 2009 by the state broadcaster, down €221,372, or 23pc, on 2008 when his fees were €950,976.

there is more


or up 20,000 on his 2007 wage. Poor old cow patt

_________________
Qi hu nan xia: When one rides a tiger, it is difficult to dismount.
House prices are cyclical, no nation has ever lived through a perpetual house price expansion or contraction.
Money is a public good; as such, it lends itself to private exploitation - CP Kindleberger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 13, 2008
Posts: 11764
Location: Somewhere up in the hills
And.....CUT! That's a wrap folks.
Quote:
RTE has announced that it will cut top presenters' pay by a minimum of 30% and close its London office as it seeks to reduce costs by up to €25 million by the end of 2013.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We're paid peanuts compared to soccer stars, says Pat Ke
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Mar 31, 2010
Posts: 2773
Coles2 wrote:
And.....CUT! That's a wrap folks.
Quote:
RTE has announced that it will cut top presenters' pay by a minimum of 30% and close its London office as it seeks to reduce costs by up to €25 million by the end of 2013.


Not before time! I remember a few years back reading that John Kelly was on several hundred thousand grand for, basically playing his favourite music on the radio for an hour a day, and hosting a weekly roundtable chat about movies, photographic exhibitions and the latest novels etc. I like the guy and he's got good taste in music but a job like that is worth about the same as a middle-ranking Civil Servant.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS   

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster

  

Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!