Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4102 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5222
Landmark ruling may affect hundreds of repossession cases

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3681629

Quote:
Hundreds of homeowners face renewed threat of repossession following a landmark judgment by the Court of Appeal.

The three-judge court ruled unanimously that a man fighting repossession is not entitled to challenge the registration of a so-called vulture fund as the owner of a charge on his home.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 9, 2014
Posts: 2128
TheJackal wrote:
Landmark ruling may affect hundreds of repossession cases

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3681629

Quote:
Hundreds of homeowners face renewed threat of repossession following a landmark judgment by the Court of Appeal.

The three-judge court ruled unanimously that a man fighting repossession is not entitled to challenge the registration of a so-called vulture fund as the owner of a charge on his home.

Roll-on the tsunami of reprocessions :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Mar 7, 2012
Posts: 3366
Location: Lovely Leitrim
Luan wrote:
TheJackal wrote:
Landmark ruling may affect hundreds of repossession cases

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3681629

Quote:
Hundreds of homeowners face renewed threat of repossession following a landmark judgment by the Court of Appeal.

The three-judge court ruled unanimously that a man fighting repossession is not entitled to challenge the registration of a so-called vulture fund as the owner of a charge on his home.

Roll-on the tsunami of reprocessions :roll:


Slowest tsunami ever

_________________
If Monday was a browser it'd be IE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline
Too Big to Fail

Joined: Aug 8, 2008
Posts: 3646
Location: Cathair na dTreabh
Burgess giving it loads on Radio1 now
about mortgage-holders strategically defaulting
A whining mortgage owner saying he paid €6k pa in USC, then Burgess points out he earns €100k pa at least!
"We have the best protected mortgage-holders in he world"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6074
Location: SthDub
I heard BB earlier. He put on a fine show but lacked compassion which is the main measurement in any debate these days in Ireland, especially on housing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Apr 4, 2008
Posts: 2572
temene wrote:
A whining mortgage owner saying he paid €6k pa in USC


Did he elaborate in any way on how that was relevant?

_________________
Borrowers seeking mortgages have had to resort to saving deposits, forcing many to sit by and watch house prices tumble without being able to do anything about it. Sunday Independent - June 1 2008

I know a lot of them, like [Jimmy] Flynn, [Noel] O’Flaherty and the Baileys. You meet the Baileys at Croke Park every time you go there. You can’t avoid getting a slap on the back going in from them. Most of these guys lost their shirt. I feel sorry for them - Bertie Ahern


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:22 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 6074
Location: SthDub
Renting And Proud! wrote:
temene wrote:
A whining mortgage owner saying he paid €6k pa in USC


Did he elaborate in any way on how that was relevant?

He's a good honest, hard working taxpayer. Always paid his dues etc etc That was the tenor of his béal bocht


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5222
AIB lines up record €3.4bn loan portfolio sale

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3728002


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: May 12, 2012
Posts: 2187
TheJackal wrote:
AIB lines up record €3.4bn loan portfolio sale

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/fin ... -1.3728002


Value at origination of €3.4bn.

Selling for less than half that now :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Residential Mortgage Arrears, Restructures and Repossess
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 12121
The AIB portfolio is of BTL and Commercial Mortgages. Their home loan portfolio was the best among the Irish Banks.

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 



Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4102 posts ]  [Go to page]   Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411  Next

    Board index » The IRISH PROPERTY BUBBLE » The Republic of Property

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster



Pyramid Built, Is Better Built! - Latest Property Discussions www.thepropertypin.com