Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline
Single Home Owner

Joined: Jul 31, 2009
Posts: 121


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Sep 13, 2012
Posts: 5245
Skippy 3 wrote:
The second derivative change is the important one

Image

_________________
"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favour"
Tyrion Lannister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 am 
Offline
Migrant

Joined: Sep 20, 2018
Posts: 3
Having been looking to buy around South Dublin for the last 2 years and being outbid on every single property I can
say from experience that there is definitely a dip rather than plateau happening around there.

Especially in the 450-600k price range

Very little attendance at viewings most houses are sitting on the market for a good few months.
I have noticed price drops on multiple properties that would have been selling 20% over asking at the start of the year.

I think a lot of it might be down to the fact that most bank exemptions are wiped out for the year and also
the EAs were getting a bit too aggressive in their pricing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
Under CAB Investigation

Joined: Feb 1, 2008
Posts: 2880
Location: God's Country
IgnatiusJReilly wrote:
Having been looking to buy around South Dublin for the last 2 years and being outbid on every single property I can
say from experience that there is definitely a dip rather than plateau happening around there.

Especially in the 450-600k price range

Very little attendance at viewings most houses are sitting on the market for a good few months.
I have noticed price drops on multiple properties that would have been selling 20% over asking at the start of the year.

I think a lot of it might be down to the fact that most bank exemptions are wiped out for the year and also
the EAs were getting a bit too aggressive in their pricing.



Today there's a house with a for sale sign in the window, giving details for contacting the owner directly, this indicates EAs are not getting the results, sellers are starting to rush for the exits, vendor fear on the rise again


Last edited by Inis Man on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm 
Offline
Of Systemic Importance

Joined: Nov 4, 2011
Posts: 5952
Location: SthDub
The slowdown in Dublin continues

New data shows house prices nationwide flatline - with a semi-D now beyond reach for ordinary families
House prices are flatlining in Dublin and Ireland's other cities
In postcoded Dublin, the price of average three-bed semi showed almost no increase (0.1pc) in the past three months
https://www.independent.ie/business/per ... 46952.html
Quote:
Over the year, South County Dublin recorded a rise of just 2.4pc with the North County hitting 7.5pc - largely because there are more relatively affordable homes there.

Overall, the price of a semi-detached house in Dublin has increased by just 2.7pc over the year, with the inability of potential buyers to get a mortgage keeping prices down. A semi in the capital now averages €443,333, which is well above the generally accepted maximum borrowing range of up to €320,000 for a dual-income couple with average salaries...
...There is no doubt that the Central Bank [mortgage lending] rules are having an effect in the market, and are achieving what they set out to do in terms of keeping a lid on prices," said REA spokesperson Barry McDonald.


The REA spokesperson was on Newstalk Breakfast this AM calling for the CB to relax it's lending rules because prices were gone out of reach of the average person/couple XX


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
Too Big to Fail
User avatar

Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Posts: 4493
Location: Mesopotatia
FreeFallin wrote:
The slowdown in Dublin continues

New data shows house prices nationwide flatline - with a semi-D now beyond reach for ordinary families
House prices are flatlining in Dublin and Ireland's other cities
In postcoded Dublin, the price of average three-bed semi showed almost no increase (0.1pc) in the past three months
https://www.independent.ie/business/per ... 46952.html
Quote:
Over the year, South County Dublin recorded a rise of just 2.4pc with the North County hitting 7.5pc - largely because there are more relatively affordable homes there.

Overall, the price of a semi-detached house in Dublin has increased by just 2.7pc over the year, with the inability of potential buyers to get a mortgage keeping prices down. A semi in the capital now averages €443,333, which is well above the generally accepted maximum borrowing range of up to €320,000 for a dual-income couple with average salaries...
...There is no doubt that the Central Bank [mortgage lending] rules are having an effect in the market, and are achieving what they set out to do in terms of keeping a lid on prices," said REA spokesperson Barry McDonald.


The REA spokesperson was on Newstalk Breakfast this AM calling for the CB to relax it's lending rules because prices were gone out of reach of the average person/couple XX


Good thing we didn't get this news after the budget. Now we can get on this straight away with some house buying incentives.

_________________
The real damage is done by those millions who want to 'get by'. The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what?
Sophie Scholl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:13 pm 
Offline
Old Time Landlord

Joined: Dec 5, 2007
Posts: 384
FreeFallin wrote:
The slowdown in Dublin continues

The REA spokesperson was on Newstalk Breakfast this AM calling for the CB to relax it's lending rules because prices were gone out of reach of the average person/couple XX



How about they tighten them and curb the vulture funds so that prices fall and come back into reach of First Time Buyers - that way there is a snow balls chance in hell my kids will be able to live in Ireland when I'm older and greyer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:29 am 
Offline
Property Magnate

Joined: Oct 12, 2014
Posts: 626
Location: Dublin
cjs wrote:
FreeFallin wrote:
The slowdown in Dublin continues

The REA spokesperson was on Newstalk Breakfast this AM calling for the CB to relax it's lending rules because prices were gone out of reach of the average person/couple XX



How about they tighten them and curb the vulture funds so that prices fall and come back into reach of First Time Buyers - that way there is a snow balls chance in hell my kids will be able to live in Ireland when I'm older and greyer

That’s treasonous talk!! :-GC

We’re going to the moon, don’t you know?
This flattening of prices must stop - we need no CBI limits! Let’s keep pumping gas into the explosion until the ensuing fireball consumes us all.
Again.
For the second time in about 15 years.

This. Is. Ireland. :sick:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
Old Time Landlord

Joined: Jun 7, 2011
Posts: 373
Irish banks tumble on signs of slowing house price growth
Housebuilders also hit as investors hold back from market


https://www.irishtimes.com/business/mar ... -1.3645130


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:07 am 
Offline
Single Home Owner

Joined: May 21, 2017
Posts: 154
KOR101 wrote:
Irish banks tumble on signs of slowing house price growth
Housebuilders also hit as investors hold back from market


https://www.irishtimes.com/business/mar ... -1.3645130


Typical newspaper reporting of share prices: each day's shift is explained by whatever was on the front-page that morning, even if that news was entirely predictable to everyone in the market (i.e. house prices are approaching the ceiling set by the Central Bank).

Even now, with newspapers full of 10th. anniversary guff about the collapse of bank shares in 2007, I saw no effort to explain why bank shares are well down from their recent highs. Why were bank shares not booming this Spring alongside house prices?

No one seems to connect this with the politicians' resurrection of trackers :x - just as the banks seemed to be coming to grips with arrears. Brexit risks, which have increased rapidly this month, are a much more likely explanation for recent weakness but it suits the media to pressure the Central Bank. Will the leadership of the Central Bank scupper their chances of big jobs in Europe by allowing another Irish property bubble?

Although their share price fell slightly less, AIB will be more worried than BoI because Euro 23.26 M. is a hefty offload in a single day. Presumably, some heavy-hitter has decided to quit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 12017
Lefournier3 wrote:
No one seems to connect this with the politicians' resurrection of trackers :x

I don't. :) If there are trackers they will track 1-5 year Euribor rates I should think.

Anyone noticed that the selling season is largely over for 2018. It is October after all.

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 am 
Offline
Nationalised
User avatar

Joined: May 3, 2007
Posts: 12017
Wait Wait Wait!

We have real news.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/1 ... stabilise/

Quote:
A FUNERAL procession with a coffin made in the shape of a 3 bed semi-detached home has been paraded around the corridors of Leinster House today as the government held a day of mourning for housing prices which according to a recent Daft.ie report have stabilised, only increasing by a pathetic 1.3%.

Sobs, cries, wails and non-stop screams of agony were emitted by members of the cabinet with the Taoiseach said to be inconsolable as housing prices failed to increase by the sort of levels that make estate agents and property developers hard as a rock.

_________________
SEO Ireland. SEO Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:28 am 
Offline
Nationalised

Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Posts: 11733
Location: Multiverse
2Pack wrote:
Lefournier3 wrote:
No one seems to connect this with the politicians' resurrection of trackers :x

I don't. :) If there are trackers they will track 1-5 year Euribor rates I should think.

Anyone noticed that the selling season is largely over for 2018. It is October after all.


My reading of the market is that the banks used up all their exemptions in the first half.

Quote:
First-time buyers and trader uppers looking to borrow more than Central Bank rules allow are already running out of time to secure an exemption for a home purchase this year, with banks expected to have allocated all their allowances as early as April. This could leave many putative home owners struggling to borrow the sums needed to purchase a home at a time of rapidly rising house prices.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/mortgage-exemptions-could-dry-up-as-soon-as-april-1.3432517

EA's outside of the city centre are finding it very difficult to sell.
Owners saw the market rise in the 1st half of the year.
They are all factoring in continued increases into their asking prices.
But the market has made other plans.
Like always, it will take time for this news to sink in and price drops occur.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
Private Tenant

Joined: Oct 11, 2017
Posts: 47
2Pack wrote:
Wait Wait Wait!

We have real news.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/1 ... stabilise/

Quote:
A FUNERAL procession with a coffin made in the shape of a 3 bed semi-detached home has been paraded around the corridors of Leinster House today as the government held a day of mourning for housing prices which according to a recent Daft.ie report have stabilised, only increasing by a pathetic 1.3%.

Sobs, cries, wails and non-stop screams of agony were emitted by members of the cabinet with the Taoiseach said to be inconsolable as housing prices failed to increase by the sort of levels that make estate agents and property developers hard as a rock.

Very powerful symbolism there and much truth is spoken in jest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2Pack will call the bottom now!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 pm 
Online
Of Systemic Importance
User avatar

Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Posts: 5156
CSO Residential Property Price Index – Aug 2018 figures are out

Dublin houses at

0.1% monthly change
0.8% quarterly change
2.9% change since Jan 2018
5.5% annual change


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Edit, tulip and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Click for Latest Posts LATEST POSTS Click for Forum List FORUMS   

Follow, Retweet @dailypinster

  

Pyramid Built, Is Better Built!